Jim Reid Reportedly Headed to BC as DC

Coach Reid turned 65 on Dec. 1 and coached at UMass from '73-91. Might want chance to run defense again. Phil Parker likely not going anywhere.

He might choose to go or to stay. Huge money difference and at his age security not an issue.

Marc Morehouse hinted that he heard of another possible coaching move. Not sure if it was the Phil Parker to Toledo from a few weeks ago or if this is someone else.

He's an east coast guy and it'd make sense... Good for him if he takes it. Would Iowa look to slide Woods back to LBs or bring in someone? Would it be easier to do that or keep him at TEs and bring in a LB coach? Does Pat Angerer have any interest in coaching?? Just throwing that out there.

His loss will be felt, no question. He's a hell of a coach. Kudos to him for getting the recognition.

Some reporting that Seth Wallace may be going to Boston College as well.

Saw this too, I see Wallace as a bigger loss than Reid. It helps he's a native Iowa though, may get promoted or a bump in pay if he stays.

Saw this too, I see Wallace as a bigger loss than Reid. It helps he's a native Iowa though, may get promoted or a bump in pay if he stays.

I agree. Should there be some losses in our coaching ranks, however, I hope Kirk will look at resumes that bring some stronger recruiting strength to our staff. I haven't seen that be much of a priority in past hirings except maybe White to a degree. Climbing to the next level is going to require some more thoroughbreds on the playing field.

Huge loss IMO.

Look what he has done in the short amount of time on the staff.

2013 LB corps was a strength of the team, two of those kids were starting for NFL teams their rookie years.

2015 LB corps.....I mean, compared to 2014, these kids made huge strides. Still struggled a bit near the end of the year with better RBs....but Jewel turned into a solid player and a great leader

Im so tired of Boston College and their classless entitled and annoying fans. Everywhere I go its like they want to start a fight with me over who is better than the other. Its always the same with Eagles fans they think theyre so much better than us when there not.

Im so tired of Boston College and their classless entitled and annoying fans. Everywhere I go its like they want to start a fight with me over who is better than the other. Its always the same with Eagles fans they think theyre so much better than us when there not.

What? Can't tell if you are joking? What BC fans? I've met like 2 ever and they seemed pleasant.

Wallace just became the recruiting coordinator last year, pretty quick to bail. He's following Reid for a reason.

They know the KFz years are about to close out.

If he were to go, good for him. He's definitely earned it with the improvements the LBers made this year.
As for us, I think having seasoned LBers will help ease the transition with the new coach, whoever that shall be.

Latest posts