Jim Delaney is an IDIOT

seepig

Is it just me or is Jim Delaney's EGO so freaking huge that he poses a serious embarassment to the conference it paints the proud BIG 10 in a bad light. Let's look at his last few months:

1. Creates 2 divisions with possibly the STUPIDEST NAMES EVER!

2. Makes idiotic statements to national press clearly pointed at ALABAMA. Hey Jim our institutions should be focused on better coaching and recruiting better athletes. People like Ron Zook, Danny Hope, and Kevin Wilson aren't going to get your conference up off the doormat anytime soon.

Is it just me or is Jim Delaney's EGO so freaking huge that he poses a serious embarassment to the conference it paints the proud BIG 10 in a bad light. Let's look at his last few months:

2. Makes idiotic statements to national press clearly pointed at ALABAMA. Hey Jim our institutions should be focused on better coaching and recruiting better athletes. People like Ron Zook, Danny Hope, and Kevin Wilson aren't going to get your conference up off the doormat anytime soon.

Oh really, an idiot? :eek:

Delaney is an idiot at times. The BTN and non conference basketball games is an example or the mediascum fiasco for football games.

He screwed the smaller market fans.

It may not only be you, but I am betting you are probably in the minority. As for your first point ... not even close to stupidest names ever. And Delany knew it. That is why he said we would let it set for a year or two. For the most part, people have come to accept it, and compared to some of the others listed as possibilities, I can live with them.

As for the second point, should the Conference Commissioner be blamed for who an institution hires as a coach? I think a lot of people would have a problem with that taking place.

But, that is just my humble opinion.

Idiot??? I would disagree. He has helped Big Ten schools make money and put them in a position to compete with schools in the south and west financially.

He has made some foolish comments about teams and that has come back to bite him(TCU). I'll give you that. And yes his ego and his belief that the Rose Bowl is still the as important as it was 20 years ago is laughable.

But that being said, he still has made some big things happen in the conference since he's been in charge.

Idiot??? I would disagree. He has helped Big Ten schools make money and put them in a position to compete with schools in the south and west financially.

He has made some foolish comments about teams and that has come back to bite him(TCU). I'll give you that. And yes his ego and his belief that the Rose Bowl is still the as important as it was 20 years ago is laughable.

But that being said, he still has made some big things happen in the conference since he's been in charge.

Yes I totally agree with your comments. It does the conference or himself to be a laughing stock. Do we really think that he has single -mindedly conceived the Big Ten network and exploited the legal loophole that put the BIg Ten Network in millions of homes? If anyone thinks JD did all that on his own I have ocean front property for you in Arizona (I'll give you a great deal on it). Now I know people calling me out and Imported Idiot boy Ankle popping off with the first insult is all fun and games but really Jim Delaney is in a position to take a road very similar to Mike Slive in the SEC. Let's strap'em on and play mano y mano and let the best team win he doesn't need to say stupid stuff to the media that makes him look petty with the maturity of a 13yr. old girl (i.e. Imported Ankle).

It may not only be you, but I am betting you are probably in the minority. As for your first point ... not even close to stupidest names ever. And Delany knew it. That is why he said we would let it set for a year or two. For the most part, people have come to accept it, and compared to some of the others listed as possibilities, I can live with them.

As for the second point, should the Conference Commissioner be blamed for who an institution hires as a coach? I think a lot of people would have a problem with that taking place.

But, that is just my humble opinion.

To your first point you have to let it set in you have no choice...they are still stupid division names wake up and take off your Big Ten colored glasses.

To your second point. I never said he is to blame for institutional hires what I'm saying is he is whining about this 4 team playoff thing, as it appears to many, because the SEC has kicked our *** over the past few years. My point is that if the Big Ten universities hire better coaches that recruit better our institutions could compete successfully. See Brady Hoke and The Pontiff at tOSU.

You could put every coaching legend in the Big Ten and they would not out recruit the SEC. The majority of blue chip recruits and future NFL players come from the south. So I do not want to hear that B1G schools need to hire better coaches and recruit better players. The SEC will always have an edge on the rest of the conferences when it comes to having the best players.

Latest posts