Jewell was tackled

ClintonIAfan

Missed in all the garbage last night was a terrible no call. #75 held and tackled Josey Jewell who would have been in position to make the tackle. This was a terrible no call.The refs acted like they did not know what a flag or whistle was on that play, all though they did get this call right earlier in the game I think on what would have been a first down run.

Missed in all the garbage last night was a terrible no call. #75 held and tackled Josey Jewell who would have been in position to make the tackle. This was a terrible no call.The refs acted like they did not know what a flag or whistle was on that play, all though they did get this call right earlier in the game I think on what would have been a first down run.

This is what I will remember about this game, this and how dirty of a football team MSU is.

Yes, and the intentional tackle roll up on JC. So obvious - no penalty, just a way to end his participation in this game and maybe bowl game also. Dantonio allows it. Shameful.

Yes, and the intentional tackle roll up on JC. So obvious - no penalty, just a way to end his participation in this game and maybe bowl game also. Dantonio allows it. Shameful.

Greaseball s--- from Dantonio's old neighborhood. He's as dirty as they come.

I woke up thinking about how great of a season it's been and finally getting over the loss, then I saw this crap and I'm back to being ******. That was an obvious tackle in the back by Jack Allen. Jewell was there trying to wrap up Scott then gets pulled down from behind. Other than that play, I thought it was a well officiated game.

How does an official miss that when Jewell is right there starting to make the tackle, and then gets taken down from behind??

How does an official miss that when Jewell is right there starting to make the tackle, and then gets taken down from behind??

That's what I want to know. It was clear that he was going in for the tackle when he gets mauled. I also loved seeing the "injuries" msu started to have late in the 4th quarter too.

That's what I want to know. It was clear that he was going in for the tackle when he gets mauled. I also loved seeing the "injuries" msu started to have late in the 4th quarter too.

They weren't faking injuries. Good god.

There were missed calls both ways, the officials did not cost us the game. It was not targeting on the interception in the end zone, and yes Jewell was held on the goal line, but King, Fisher, and Niemann had Scott stopped and somehow let him score. That's just poor tackling, the guy is a true freshman and made our defense look silly the entire last drive. Our tackling was **** poor all night long, MSU was simply more physical than us right from the start. We had plenty of opportunities to get a lead early on and take control of the game, and our lack of offense prevented us from doing so. As history shows, tired or not, we cannot rely on our defense to get a game winning stop when we need it. This game shouldn't have come down to that.

I would say it would be really hard for officials to miss a 300 pound tackle reaching out and grabbing and jumping on a defender, pretty bad officiating miss that i didnt notice in live action but saw on replay, so old that Klatt didnt say anything either except he gave the officials a pass.

I wonder what Mike Pieara the analyst of officials was thinking or would have said.

There were missed calls both ways, the officials did not cost us the game. It was not targeting on the interception in the end zone, and yes Jewell was held on the goal line, but King, Fisher, and Niemann had Scott stopped and somehow let him score. That's just poor tackling, the guy is a true freshman and made our defense look silly the entire last drive. Our tackling was **** poor all night long, MSU was simply more physical than us right from the start. We had plenty of opportunities to get a lead early on and take control of the game, and our lack of offense prevented us from doing so. As history shows, tired or not, we cannot rely on our defense to get a game winning stop when we need it. This game shouldn't have come down to that.

If the offense had put together any sort of sustained drive in the second half, the defense gets that stop. Michigan State had the ball for all but 7:06 of the SECOND HALF. 22:54 to 7:06. As physical as this game was, I was almost shocked the defense held up as well as it did down the stretch.

Not that it matters now but the MSU fullback also moved early right before the snap. Tough to see on the broadcast but plainly obvious on the overhead view. Someone had it on Twitter last night but I can't find it now.

If the offense had put together any sort of sustained drive in the second half, the defense gets that stop. Michigan State had the ball for all but 7:06 of the SECOND HALF. 22:54 to 7:06. As physical as this game was, I was almost shocked the defense held up as well as it did down the stretch.

Thats turrible.

The fluke INT in the end zone was a real killer. As was the roughing the kicker. It's random crap like that which often decides these games.

Latest posts