Jets making playoffs=BS

HAWKEYESTATE4ever

I think it is BS that the Jets are in the playoffs because the Colts AND Bengals laid down and gave them a win each of the last two weeks. Anyone else agree?

I agree that they were given an unfair advantage by the Colts, but they totally destroyed the Bengals tonight legitimately and after this performance I can hardly justify putting the Broncos in the playoffs based off of their performance against the Chiefs and you could make the same argument about the Texans, since the Patriots starters came out in the second half. I think that the Jets deserve this playoff spot, though, since nothing is there to say that the Colts definitely would have beaten them had they gone all out. I would like to see Indianapolis not mess with the playoff picture like this, though. Either way, whether they deserve it or not, the Jets don't care and in my opinion are looking to be one of the most dangerous teams coming into the playoffs.

Broncos started 6-0 and finished, what, 2-8 or 3-7? They don't deserve it...and I'm not sure the Jets get bounced easily. It'll be the game that's on now next week as well, except at the Bengals place. Cincy has dropped some passes, but the Jets D has looked tough.

When the Colts threw the game I thought the same thing you did, but now that I rethink it, I don't know who actually does deserve the slot. Pittsburgh had horrible losses, Denver deserved to be OUT afer their start and collapse, Houston had a chance to win 3 or 4 more games but can't close them out...

I have a question, though. Why would they make a new gazillion dollar stadium in the Northeast and not put a dome on it...it doesn't have a dome, does it?

I have a question, though. Why would they make a new gazillion dollar stadium in the Northeast and not put a dome on it...it doesn't have a dome, does it?

No it doesn't? Why put a dome up, they've played outdoors for years. That new stadium cost enought as it is, I can't imagine how much more it would have cost if they put a roof on the thing.

doesn't the Jets have the #1 defense in the NFL?

"Defense wins Championships"

'sides they have our man Shonn Greene.

No it doesn't? Why put a dome up, they've played outdoors for years. That new stadium cost enought as it is, I can't imagine how much more it would have cost if they put a roof on the thing.

There's a Madden quote somewhere... football is intended to be played outside, in the elements. Snow, sleet, frigid temps, whateva (now that he is inside the booth, hehe)

It is what it is. Indy did what they thought was best for the team over the long haul. I'm sure if Indy had laid down allowing your fav team into the playoffs this wouldn't have been an issue for you.

Jets do have a good D ... that said, I'd rather have seen the Texans get in, they would have had a chance to win a game