Jess Settles

tweeterhawk

Loved him as an Iowa player and proud of the fact a Hawkeye plays a major role in BTN’s B1G hoops coverage. But I have to say that even with him always seated at the back of the set, likely to minimize his size on camera, he always looks like a giant robot seated between Dave Revsine and Mike DeCourcy.

He is actually very good at that kind of job and I didn't think he would be when he first started. He is very objective and does a nice job of pointing out certain things in games. He's really neutral and one would not know he had Iowa ties. He is very good.

I got all excited when I saw the thread because I figured he must have been granted an extra year of eligibility.
The NCAA's going to give him the year they should've given Drew Ott.

I saw the thread and I actually thought he died. He finished his career, what, 20 years ago? That would make him 88, right?

Kind of like freshman Thornton Melon giving the commencement speech at Grand Lakes University.

4B5.gif

When he first started on BTN, he was not good. I didn't think he would last long. But man, he has really improved. I think he is great now!

He owes it all to this guy!

Damn, that is one sweet clip

I am going to have to stream Back to School if it is available

Found it on Starz. Amazon Prime offered Starz for 99 cents a month for 3 months. One day offer. I cancel before the 4th month arrives. Last time I had Starz was about a year ago. They sent me an email offering 6 months for 99 cents. I jumped on it.....

:cool:

Damn, that is one sweet clip

I am going to have to stream Back to School if it is available

Found it on Starz. Amazon Prime offered Starz for 99 cents a month for 3 months. One day offer. I cancel before the 4th month arrives. Last time I had Starz was about a year ago. They sent me an email offering 6 months for 99 cents. I jumped on it.....

:cool:

Hulu actually had it for a while, as did Amazon Prime. Myself, I also have the DVD, so I get a good 10 viewings of it every year.

Latest posts