Jeff Tarpinian article

I know for a while there, the rumor was that Hunter was suppose to slide over to middle, flanked by Nielsen and Tarp.

From everything I read and heard, he has lot of ability he has just been injury proned. Bruce Davis is good at run support, but struggles with pass coverage, that is where Tarp has the advantage based on the info I have come across.

Even though he struggled in the Ohio St. game.......I expect him along with Hunter and Nielsen to be solid next year without that much of a drop off from the previous years at linebacker

You do realize in the Ohio St. game, Tarp tore his MCL, something the coaching staff never revealed until after the season. In fact, he didn't even play against the Goophers. I think the main thing here is the underclassmen have developed that 'next man in' mentality they are always talking about. Even if Tarp doesn't live up to expectations, someone else will step up and exceed expectations. There is no other coaching staff around that gets their players better prepared and coached up.

You do realize in the Ohio St. game, Tarp tore his MCL, something the coaching staff never revealed until after the season. In fact, he didn't even play against the Goophers. I think the main thing here is the underclassmen have developed that 'next man in' mentality they are always talking about. Even if Tarp doesn't live up to expectations, someone else will step up and exceed expectations. There is no other coaching staff around that gets their players better prepared and coached up.

Is this true, how bad, because if he tore his MCL, there is no way he would be back for fall camp?

According to Klug, the two to watch out for this season are Tarp and Hyde. I know, not too surprising.. but it's nice to hear directly from the players sometimes.

It was one of those injuries where all Ferentz said was "Ya... he got banged up there". HAHA classic Ferentz comment regarding an injury. I thought I remember hearing that it was only a slight tear of his MCL though. Either way the last few posts are correct. I work in Radiology... you can come back from an MCL tear (serious or not) pretty quickly. Everyone's body is a little different but 8-10 wk recovery periods are common for a kid his age who is in the type of shape he's in.

Latest posts