JD, PLEASE bring back anon rep and colored squares.

V

VintageHawkeye

I BEG you. Anonymous rep comments, and the little squares that responded in color to a poster's relative popularity, were freakin' awesome.
It would really give HN a big-time retro feel if you reinstated those fantastic features.
Do away with location or sigs or what have you, but for KOK's sake, bring back teh rep & comments.
PLEASE.

Yes, there was something special about anonymous people leaving hate messages. Vin, I'm sure you got a lot of them.

Yes, there was something special about anonymous people leaving hate messages. Vin, I'm sure you got a lot of them.

The comments I rec'd were side-splitting. This is at least 50% of the reason I want rep back. It was not difficult to figure out the source of the comment, either - creepy stalky haters are not good at concealment. For example, I offer the comment above from "imported_ankle23" - not exactly finesse or original, is it?

I BEG you. Anonymous rep comments, and the little squares that responded in color to a poster's relative popularity, were freakin' awesome.
It would really give HN a big-time retro feel if you reinstated those fantastic features.
Do away with location or sigs or what have you, but for KOK's sake, bring back teh rep & comments.
PLEASE.

You think Jon has time to work on adding a feature like this back to the site? The man has been spending every waking moment working on his game-changing recruiting tool for the past four years.

You think Jon has time to work on adding a feature like this back to the site? The man has been spending every waking moment working on his game-changing recruiting tool for the past four years.

:D

Kinda like OJ devoting his life to "finding the real killers". :rolleyes:

I liked the rep squares. Somehow I managed to get quite a few. (thanks vin) Didn't like the anonymous comments. If you're going to say something nasty you ought to have the balls to identify yourself (with your anonymous user ID) and stand behind it.

I liked the rep squares. Somehow I managed to get quite a few. (thanks vin) Didn't like the anonymous comments. If you're going to say something nasty you ought to have the balls to identify yourself (with your anonymous user ID) and stand behind it.

Be careful what you wish for, 'Freak. The most notoriously thin-skinned lil' posters around here have a habit of posting the personal info of others, sans consent. :mad:

The anonymous rep feature will not be making a return, or at least not in the form it was in or is presently offered via this software

The anonymous rep feature will not be making a return, or at least not in the form it was in or is presently offered via this software

crab_apple.jpg

Latest posts