JBo Attacker.....a former Cyclone???

ssckelley

Perhaps I am AOL but I just read this on Yahoo. Evidently it was a former Cyclone football player Nicholas Kron who is being charged with attacking Bohannon back in May.

WOW!!!

Wow, what’s the chances that maybe there was some history here? Or they knew each other?

I wonder if we should go back through and revisit the “Jbo was a Dbag” and had it coming post and see if today’s news changes any minds?

It’s not a coincidence that this kid played sports at the rival school that Jordan has history with.

I doubt any of the shit that was speculated on this board (the ice, the wedding party, Jordan being an over all entitled douchebag and terrible human being) was true. (Cause it wasn’t and we already knew that but trolls gonna troll)

An ISU thug, throw the book at him.

This story tells us nothing about what really happened that day. More will come out before I make up my mind. Just cuz he's a former Clone (or because of it) doesn't mean he couldn't have been the target of JBo's antics. I'm not defending him, just not sure what drove him to this act of violence. Is he a grade A douchbag or did he over-respond to taunting? That's what trials are for. This will not improve JBo's image for sure.

Didn’t realize my man got 3 punches off. I thought it was just one sucker punch.

I wonder if we should go back through and revisit the “Jbo was a Dbag” and had it coming post and see if today’s news changes any minds?

It’s not a coincidence that this kid played sports at the rival school that Jordan has history with.

I doubt any of the shit that was speculated on this board (the ice, the wedding party, Jordan being an over all entitled douchebag and terrible human being) was true. (Cause it wasn’t and we already knew that but trolls gonna troll)

I know how much you love this stuff but please don't. I can tell you here that my thoughts haven't changed, there is still 2 sides to this story. If the truth comes out that JBo was just minding his own business, enjoying a few drinks with his buddies, then I won't have an issue stating I was wrong. But we don't need to rehash all that stuff right now, I'm glad they caught the guy who did this to JBo, there is no good excuse for what he did.

This story tells us nothing about what really happened that day. More will come out before I make up my mind. Just cuz he's a former Clone (or because of it) doesn't mean he couldn't have been the target of JBo's antics. I'm not defending him, just not sure what drove him to this act of violence. Is he a grade A douchbag or did he over-respond to taunting? That's what trials are for. This will not improve JBo's image for sure.
BS

Isn't it remotely possible that all "the shit that was speculated on this board (the ice, wedding party, Jordan being an over all entitled douchebag, and a terrible human being)" could still be true despite what we just found out?

I'm not saying he is or isn't, but if any of the above things you mentioned were or are true in the slightest, why would what we know now about the assault change any of that?

Isn't it remotely possible that all "the shit that was speculated on this board (the ice, wedding party, Jordan being an over all entitled douchebag, and a terrible human being)" could still be true despite what we just found out?

I'm not saying he is or isn't, but if any of the above things you mentioned were or are true in the slightest, why would what we know now about the assault change any of that?
Don't be so damn logical man...

All this does is put a name to who it was. The rest of it is just as possible/and up in the air as to if that all was the case or not too. I wasn't there heck if I know. But just because this guy went to ISU doesn't all of a sudden mean the rumors about JBo aren't any more or less true.

In the same way that words have consequences so do actions and this ISU dude is gonna get in trouble for it. Regardless of if JBo 'deserved' it due to social norms of how folks should conduct themselves in bars one can't just go swinging 3 times I think I read. So I don't think I feel sorry for JBo a whole lot. He put himself in that situation which is really easy to avoid. And I feel even less sorry for the ISU dude who was so easily triggered.

I'm not saying he is or isn't, but if any of the above things you mentioned were or are true in the slightest, why would what we know now about the assault change any of that

Well it isn't true. It never was true but a few actual Dbags tried to spin it that way on this site after the incident happened. So, personally, I never doubted it but I really think he was villainized unfairly on this page. That's ok, everyone is entitled to their opinion but it just seemed kind of whack to speculate like that about a kid you've never met. I mean, we have tons of documentation of him being an excellent human and role model at the U of I. The Street deal, him donating to charity, his "covid summer" workout he did with kids. He was one of the leaders for NIL that seriously changed college sports. I mean, look at his podcast guests. If Jordan was a terrible human and douchebag galore, explain to me why guys like Noah Fant, Aaron White, Zach Johnson, Tyler Cook, Keith Duncan, CJ, Alan Lazard, Marcus Paige, The Diesel etc. go on his podcast?

It was a shitty narrative from a fan base that's always pushed a shitty narrative about Jordan Bohannon.

He's as polarizing of player as I ever remember playing at Iowa.

I think news that this was an ex ISU football player changes the narrative about this entire thing, but that’s just me. I mean, they likely knew each other. This scum bag sucker punched him when he was basically daring the other dude to do it. And it turns out he's an ISU ex football player? F ISU and the thugs they produce.

Last edited:
haha no doubt,

it probably goes in this order

1. Saint Matty Cambell
1.5. Freddy
2. Troy Davis
3. Seneca Wallace
4. Nick Kron
5. Larry Eustachy

Jaime Pollard is in the mix somewhere. He is their savior. Even with realignment being above his pay grade and completely out of his hands, Cyclone fans think he will come in and save the day.

Well it isn't true. It never was true but a few actual Dbags tried to spin it that way on this site after the incident happened. So, personally, I never doubted it but I really think he was villainized unfairly on this page. That's ok, everyone is entitled to their opinion but it just seemed kind of whack to speculate like that about a kid you've never met. I mean, we have tons of documentation of him being an excellent human and role model at the U of I. The Street deal, him donating to charity, his "covid summer" workout he did with kids. He was one of the leaders for NIL that seriously changed college sports. I mean, look at his podcast guests. If Jordan was a terrible human and douchebag galore, explain to me why guys like Noah Fant, Aaron White, Zach Johnson, Tyler Cook, Keith Duncan, CJ, Alan Lazard, Marcus Paige, The Diesel etc. go on his podcast?

It was a shitty narrative from a fan base that's always pushed a shitty narrative about Jordan Bohannon.

He's as polarizing of player as I ever remember playing at Iowa.

I think news that this was an ex ISU football player changes the narrative about this entire thing, but that’s just me. I mean, they likely knew each other. This scum bag sucker punched him when he was basically daring the other dude to do it. And it turns out he's an ISU ex football player? F ISU and the thugs they produce.

But we don't know that the ice throwing, the wedding party, JBo's supposed douchebaggery, etc... didn't take place that night as mentioned. All we really know at this point is who the individual was that assaulted him. One major detail doesn't automatically tell the story of exactly what happened that night.

That said knowing it was an ex-ISU football player who assaulted him and not some random guy definitely answers the biggest question from that night. But now we're making the same attack at Kron's character without knowing any other details. Not saying it isn't deserved, but it's also kind of falls under the same umbrella as the way JBo was perceived.

Is JBo a douchebag? Maybe. Is Kron a douchebag? Maybe. Maybe they're both douchebags. I have no idea.

But we don't know that the ice throwing, the wedding party, JBo's supposed douchebaggery, etc... didn't take place that night as mentioned. All we really know at this point is who the individual was that assaulted him. One major detail doesn't automatically tell the story of exactly what happened that night.

That said knowing it was an ex-ISU football player who assaulted him and not some random guy definitely answers the biggest question from that night. But now we're making the same attack at Kron's character without knowing any other details. Not saying it isn't deserved, but it's also kind of falls under the same umbrella as the way JBo was perceived.

Is JBo a douchebag? Maybe. Is Kron a douchebag? Maybe. Maybe they're both douchebags. I have no idea.
So, Jbo could still be a douche and it's cool to go ahead just raking the kid that's been nothing but what could be considered an amazing student athlete at the U of Iowa, who's contributed and given more to the Iowa hoops program and community than most...... his character is still up for debate....but.... and this is a big but, the guy who physically assaulted Jordan on video, played football at our biggest rival - should get some bullshit blanket benefit of the doubt as being a stand up guy? Sorry, that's not how it works. This guy doesn't get an ounce of sympathy, respect, courtesy or benefit of the doubt from me and frankly, he doesn't deserve it. Ya know who probably does though?

Latest posts