Jaybo to Northwestern

Big loss for the Hawkeyes. Big win for Northwestern. Really don't know if he was offered job at Iowa. Just can't let ex Iowa wrestlers get away especially when you could really benefit from having them in the wrestling room.

Big loss for the Hawkeyes. Big win for Northwestern. Really don't know if he was offered job at Iowa. Just can't let ex Iowa wrestlers get away especially when you could really benefit from having them in the wrestling room.

We can't keep them all though ;-).

There are quite a few former Iowa wrestlers coaching across country. The BigTen is still the dominant confrence in NCAA wrestling for the upteenth year, lol. Good luck to Jaybo though, I imagine he needed some kind of work. Evanston isn't too far from IC.

Bakes is the Volunteer coach so they would have to have sand bagged him to open a spot for Jaybo. I'm pretty sure Bakes has passed on some other opportunities to stay with Iowa the past couple years so Tom is not going to hose him over. I'm guessing Bakes will eventually move on to a higher position with another team eventually and then Jay would be a nice direction to look.

What would keep Backes from leaving if he's had better opportunities? I don't see anyone staying in a volunteer spot when other spots are available, especially since he doesn't have ties to the school.

I guess, unless he's married and his wife is from Iowa.

"I guess, unless he's married and his wife is from Iowa."

Bingo, that is why he came back here and Tom gave him a spot at that time.

Latest posts