Jay Scheel

Hunz

In this article 17 Iowa football players were surveyed about different things. One of the questions was what Iowa player they feel will be the breakout player of the year and 7 out of 17 players said Jay Scheel making him the majority decision of the players as the breakout player of the year. They must be seeing some really good things in practice for him to be voted on by so many players. He has always been somewhat of an internet forum legend with barely any real game action whatsoever. Maybe his real-life stardom will finally come to fruition this season. I really hope so because if we get two playmaking WRs out there with Beathard at the helm, George Kittle at TE, and a healthy running game (knock on wood) we could have a hell of an offense!

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/college/football/iowa-football-player-survey-breakout-player-team-you-wish-was-on-the-schedule-20160809?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:+GazetteOnlineSports+(TheGazette.com+Sports+News)

Last edited:
Throw in the two votes for Jerminic Smith and more than half think a receiver will be a break out player.

Like the four votes for James Daniels as well. He must be showing some things in practice as well.

Throw in the two votes for Jerminic Smith and more than half think a receiver will be a break out player.

Like the four votes for James Daniels as well. He must be showing some things in practice as well.

Daniels had 1 vote, but I do like that pick as well. BF said that it appeared he hadn't missed a thing after his recovery from surgery so that's a great sign.

In this article 17 Iowa football players were surveyed about different things. One of the questions was what Iowa player they feel will be the breakout player of the year and 7 out of 17 players said Jay Scheel making him the unanimous decision of the players as the breakout player of the year. They must be seeing some really good things in practice for him to be voted on by so many players. He has always been somewhat of an internet forum legend with barely any real game action whatsoever. Maybe his real-life stardom will finally come to fruition this season. I really hope so because if we get two playmaking WRs out there with Beathard at the helm, George Kittle at TE, and a healthy running game (knock on wood) we could have a hell of an offense!

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/college/football/iowa-football-player-survey-breakout-player-team-you-wish-was-on-the-schedule-20160809?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:+GazetteOnlineSports+(TheGazette.com+Sports+News)

Listened to KGYM yesterday and Chad Leistikow (Spelling) from the DSM Register was on and he mentioned they were experimenting with the freshman Shaun Beyer at WR and also said he expected to see George Kittle run some plays from more of a WR position to try to create some match up issues for opposing defenses.

I apologize for being that guy, but I am still wondering how 7 out of 17 players equals a unanimous decision.

I know, I know, I need to learn to let these things go.

Read the article. Scheel got 7 votes. J Smith got 2 and four other guys got 1. Scheel is clearly the player that stands out most. Not a "majority" of votes, but a statistically dominant plurality.

Scheel was one of the stars of media day last year. He received a lot of hype.

I kind of like that the hype is low this camp.

I requested to talk to him for media day this year, as did a few other reporters to whom I spoke. He was not there. I'm not sure if that was his decision or the coach's, but I was OK with it. Let him focus on his craft and I think he can be a good one. Then, the attention will come.

Wow you guys are something. Sorry for apparently being a complete dumbass. What I meant by my post was that Jay Scheel received more votes than any other player by far. Sorry if you couldn't understand what I was trying to imply with my post. Guess I should stay over at Scout.

Wow you guys are something. Sorry for apparently being a complete dumbass. What I meant by my post was that Jay Scheel received more votes than any other player by far. Sorry if you couldn't understand what I was trying to imply with my post. Guess I should stay over at Scout.

Don't mind them, they knew what you were talking about. The problem is most of us can't resist the chance to be complete and total dicks.

I apologize for being that guy, but I am still wondering how 7 out of 17 players equals a unanimous decision.

I know, I know, I need to learn to let these things go.
They were just 'hacking' on ya. Lighten up, it's better than everyone ignoring you... Even when people are on me, I don't take it as seriously as it sounds. This is just cheap entertainment...
Charley Bowdre: Apologies, Billy. We was just hacking on you.

"Dirty Steve" Stephens: Yeah, we was just hacking on you.

Richard Brewer: Rumor has it you killed a man, Billy. You don't seem like the killing sort.

"Dirty Steve" Stephens: Yeah, Billy. What'd you kill him for?

William H. Bonney: He was hacking on me.

Scheel was one of the stars of media day last year. He received a lot of hype.

I kind of like that the hype is low this camp.

I requested to talk to him for media day this year, as did a few other reporters to whom I spoke. He was not there. I'm not sure if that was his decision or the coach's, but I was OK with it. Let him focus on his craft and I think he can be a good one. Then, the attention will come.
I was wondering about him at media day... I'd seen some video clips of others and pics of some of the position groups but he wasn't in any of them. So he just wasn't there. Gotcha. Well if he's healthy and not in trouble I won't think anything of it. Iowa sure needs somebody to step up and take the lion share of T Smiths work load along with Hillyers. It'd be strait up awesome if between he and Jerminic that they do more cause I certainly think they could do more than the 30 something catches that T Smith and Hillyer combined for

I was wondering about him at media day... I'd seen some video clips of others and pics of some of the position groups but he wasn't in any of them. So he just wasn't there. Gotcha. Well if he's healthy and not in trouble I won't think anything of it. Iowa sure needs somebody to step up and take the lion share of T Smiths work load along with Hillyers. It'd be strait up awesome if between he and Jerminic that they do more cause I certainly think they could do more than the 30 something catches that T Smith and Hillyer combined for

Yeah I wonder why he wasn't there. That is kind of odd. Anyway, I think both Smith and Scheel have some wheels so hopefully they can get some separation. Hillyer had some timely catches last year to help win games and blocked well but wasn't very quick. I guess we shall see.

I asked for some of the second-year players, including Drew Cook to see how he was progressing, and they didn't show up either. I haven't heard anything injury wise on any of them. We'll see on Saturday at Kids Day for sure though.

If we can find one or two receivers, this offense might be better than '02.

For a variety of reasons, I do not think we will ever see a Iowa offense remotely close to that '02 offense ever again under Ferentz. A lights out offense will be under a new regime.

Latest posts