Jason White at top of RB chart??

uihawk82

I was impressed with him on his few carries in the Insight Bowl. Seemed to have a good burst and power. I know he doesnt have alot of experience but might he be a capable # 1 going into the season?

White's a good kid and I have no problem with him jumping in time to time but if he's #1 on the depth chart next year it's going to be a long season.

White was listed on an earlier thread as having one more year left. A White / canzerri duo is good to start the season. The off line will be very good if they are healthy so most of our backs will do really well.

He has one year of eligibility left and I believe I read that he was enrolling in grad school and had agreed to return to the team next year. As I wrote last year, he seems like a real solid kid and team member and I wish him the best.

depth chart when camp starts next fall (imo):

1) canzeri - seems like best shot with bowl game
2) white/johnson - upperclassmen have put in time
3) garmon - talented frosh with loads of ability
4) dawson - walk-on but experienced in juco
5) meier - power runner eventually becomes lb
6) hill - coming off injury but could quickly ascend

bullock moves back to wr (i believe this is where the staff sees him and last year was just a necessity). malloy is a lot like bullock when i watch the tape and both seem like wrs when i watch them run and move.

7 rbs isnt too shabby. of course there isnt much experience but we have had less experience and had a decent rushing attack. good mix of speed and power and combo backs. if johnson can stay healthy i actually think he is our best all around back. unless i missed something he is still a hawk. canzeri gives us more of a scat back and garmon is more speed with some power. like the potential and cant wait to see how it turns out. i am actually more concerned about wr than rb (mainly because we have shown we can plug almost anyone in at rb and get production).

Ferentz said in his presser that Jason agreed to come back for his fifth year. Can't remember the exact wording but it sounded like the coaches asked him to consider it.

I've met Jason. He's as good as they get. Any one of us would be proud to have him as our son and for that reason alone, I hope he earns a chance to do some really good things on the field.

I'm sure Jason is a nice guy, but there's no reason to expect him to outplay every other back in camp just because he didn't screw up in the bowl game. He did a solid job, but it wasn't anything that needs highlight tape. Glad he was able to step in when needed.

I love Hawkeye fans that get into a pi$$ing contest about depth charts a day after early signing and a month and a half before spring drills about who is listed for each position. Fall practice is in 6 months by the way and the HS kids won't be on campus for quite a while. I think after the attrition, Jason deserves to have his name at the top if for no other reason than out of respect for what he given the program. He is also what college athletics are all about. Getting a good education!

I think he will be #1 on the chart starting next year, but like he was #2 all year this year, it doesn't mean squat.

I love Hawkeye fans that get into a pi$$ing contest about depth charts a day after early signing and a month and a half before spring drills about who is listed for each position. Fall practice is in 6 months by the way and the HS kids won't be on campus for quite a while. I think after the attrition, Jason deserves to have his name at the top if for no other reason than out of respect for what he given the program. He is also what college athletics are all about. Getting a good education!

Criticizes depth chart pi$$ing matches, then campaigns for JW to "have his name at the top" :rolleyes:

Much better than Paki. I don't have a problem with him getting a little PT.

We are an 7 or 8 win team next year. Let White take some hits for the younger guys who could be our future with some 10 win seasons coming soon....I hope.

Some eastern IA media predict we'll see both Garmon and Hill earn playing time at RB next year. They speak well to Hill's size coming in and how his downhill running style fits our blocking schemes well. Also that he looks to be a better decision maker than Coker was. Coker hesitated quite a bit last year at times.

Garmon supplies the breakaway element.

Latest posts