Jarrod Uthoff All Defensive Team

sportstalent

He deserves a spot on first team, he affects the game in so many ways contesting shots, blocking 3 pts shots and changing them, he can guard 4 positions on most nights.

Thoughts?

One of my favorite things about watching this team is watching Uthoff on defense. It looks like he's playing with junior high kids the way he blocks jump shots.

I believe this stat is true.

Jarrod Uthoff is the ONLY player in NCAA Hoops to have over 45 blocks and 50 3 pointers in
2015 season.

His skill set is really an Asset for the Iowa Hawkeyes!

I'm not sure on first team. To tell you the truth I haven't thought about the defensive team much. I guess considering conference play he could make it. He's become a really good shot blocker out in space which is pretty rare. I can't say I've followed his on ball or help defense enough to know although the fact that he's a Hawkeye I hope he makes it. Maybe someone with more knowledge could tell us who the players are who are up for this years team.

He deserves a spot on first team, he affects the game in so many ways contesting shots, blocking 3 pts shots and changing them, he can guard 4 positions on most nights.

Thoughts?

He is amazingly versatile... avg about 3 block a game in the last 5 games also...

I definitely think Uthoff will be first team all defense. He's averaging 1.6 blocks per game and 1.2 steals per game. Not to mention his presence on the defensive glass.

I definitely think Uthoff will be first team all defense. He's averaging 1.6 blocks per game and 1.2 steals per game. Not to mention his presence on the defensive glass.

He's one of only three players in the conference, along with Branden Dawson (MSU) and Maurice Walker (Minn) to average over one steal and one block per game.

I believe this stat is true.

Jarrod Uthoff is the ONLY player in NCAA Hoops to have over 45 blocks and 50 3 pointers in
2015 season.

His skill set is really an Asset for the Iowa Hawkeyes!

He's also probably the only guy to block 25 3-point shot attempts this year.

I made up the number, but I would guess he's blocked as many shots 15 feet from the basket or further than anyone in the country.

He's also probably the only guy to block 25 3-point shot attempts this year.

I made up the number, but I would guess he's blocked as many shots 15 feet from the basket or further than anyone in the country.

I would love to see that stat. 2nd might not even be close.

Just as long as they keep Aaron Craft on it...

Aaronmerican_Beauty.png