James Morris Rumor

BonanzaHawk

Let me preface this by saying that I have not spoken with James myself, because I do not personally know him, so take this how you will.

I'm a student here at Iowa, and word spreading around campus is that James is telling people that he plans to take his talents to the next level following this season. Apparently, he has graduated already and doesn't have any desire to stay for another season.

Like I said, take it as you will, just wanted to throw the board a bone.

Does he mean moving on to pr0n? Because based on his stache, that is the only thing thing he looks prepared to go pro at.

There is a pro league for slow, mediocre white boys? Huh. Who knew.

If he goes pro I think he would be severely disappointed in the result. Also, that seems very far fetched being that he is a huge Iowa fan and from Solon etc. etc.

I don't believe it. Though I do like Alston in the middle.

Well he better show that he's worth it rest of the season. Next level at this point is the Barnstormers.

I feel like his stock would be higher if he stayed another year as I expect next year's defense to be improved. But if he's hearing from NFL scouts that he could be drafted then more power to him. Can't knock a guy for chasing his dream. I remember when I heard Sash was leaving early. I thought he'd get drafted higher than he did and he had an incredible career at Iowa. I'd hate to see him leave early and not end up getting drafted.

Sash had to go because he was 23 or 24 already and wasn't going to gain stock. Like you said Morris' stock could rise if he continues to improve. But like I said, if he goes I'm excited about Alston, but you never know as we have not seen much of him.

Let me preface this by saying that I have not spoken with James myself, because I do not personally know him, so take this how you will.

I'm a student here at Iowa, and word spreading around campus is that James is telling people that he plans to take his talents to the next level following this season. Apparently, he has graduated already and doesn't have any desire to stay for another season.

Morris has been in college for two years and less than two months. Not sure how he could have graduated already. Even then, no way. He's not turning pro as he would struggle to even get drafted in 2013.

He's going nowhere. And if he does, he better have a backup plan. Dude hasn't played nearly well enough to build a pro resume.

I think he's starting to come into his own and has been play very well the last three games. But no, not ready for the NFL.

The people saying Morris would not be drafted must be watching different games than I have this season...Morris has played lights out since the Iowa State game and is absolutely living up to the billing we bestowed on him after his freshman year. If he stays for his senior season (he should) he will be drafted in the first 3 rounds in the 2014 draft.

The people saying Morris would not be drafted must be watching different games than I have this season...Morris has played lights out since the Iowa State game and is absolutely living up to the billing we bestowed on him after his freshman year. If he stays for his senior season (he should) he will be drafted in the first 3 rounds in the 2014 draft.

He's getting there I will give you that. I'm not saying he's worthless by any means. He could definitely be a draft target, in 2014. No way he is one in 2013.

If Morris graduated already then he managed to finish a poli-sci degree - while enduring the time constraints of his hobby of being a starting Big Ten football players - in 2 years.

If that's the case, then when he says he is going to the "next level" he's talking about the Ivy League not the National Football League.

If he left early, as the OP suggested, it is doubtful he would be drafted this year.

The only place place James will most likely go after he graduates is to Law School. Believe he currently has a 3.9 GPA in PS.

Latest posts