Jaleel Johnson...

EST1847

Rob Howe just tweeted this "Jaleel said he needs two more points on ACT."

Can't say I know off the top of my head what the minimum score for enrollment is but its got to be around 16.

Hopefully we don't have another Rodney Coe situation (minus the position switching)

Rivals has him with a 2.5 GPA which is pretty meh... You'd hope to see higher but I've seen worse.

Yeah, I saw that as well..

Montini is a pretty good school. Kinda surprised at this..

Wow, disappointing. Does he get to take it again before fall camp?

His high school must have had some tutoring involved and maybe some soft grading. Grade inflation in high school and college can be a bad practice sometimes to show high grad rates.

The next 3 scheduled ACT tests are April 14th, June 9th, and Sept 8th (Which would be too late)

There was also a test on Feb 11th.. not sure if he did a retake there or not.

Rob Howe just tweeted this "Jaleel said he needs two more points on ACT."

Can't say I know off the top of my head what the minimum score for enrollment is but its got to be around 16.

Hopefully we don't have another Rodney Coe situation (minus the position switching)

Why does it have to be around 16? I thought is was more along the lines of low 20's.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]How to calculate your RAI:[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 x ACT Composite Score (or the SAT Equivalent)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]+[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 x High School Percentile Rank[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]20 x High School GPA[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5 x Number of Core CoursesCompleted[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]by High School Graduation[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]= [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]RAI Score [/FONT]

This is the formula Iowa uses.​

Need 245 instate and 255 out of state to qualify

Not sure on NCAA qualifications.​

Here's a link (on U of Illinois' website) to the sliding scale for academic qualification. If the 2.5 GPA for JJ is accurate, he will have to score in the 68th percentile on the ACT. That would be a score of 23. (If I'm reading the chart correctly.)

FIGHTINGILLINI.COM // THE OFFICIAL SITE OF UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS ATHLETICS

Here's a link to the ACT website that compares percentile to test score.

ACT Score Information: National Ranks for Test Scores and Composite Score

Thanks for the info farmer. Sounds like Churlish's point of going to a good school might hurt him in his class rank. My concern for a guy like this is 2 years from now he might not have the same college mindset he does right now. I don't want to see him get huge at a CC, transfer to Michigan and run over our guards on the way to murdering Rudock.

Thanks for the info farmer. Sounds like Churlish's point of going to a good school might hurt him in his class rank. My concern for a guy like this is 2 years from now he might not have the same college mindset he does right now. I don't want to see him get huge at a CC, transfer to Michigan and run over our guards on the way to murdering Rudock.

I don't want him to go the way of CC because odds are the Hawks are really going to need him in the next two years.

When I was in College in order to run track at UNI we had to score a Min of 18 on the ACT.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]How to calculate your RAI:[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 x ACT Composite Score (or the SAT Equivalent)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 x High School Percentile Rank[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]20 x High School GPA[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5 x Number of Core CoursesCompleted[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]by High School Graduation[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]= [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]RAI Score [/FONT]

This is the formula Iowa uses.​

Need 245 instate and 255 out of state to qualify​

Not sure on NCAA qualifications.​

I'm about 80 % sure that rule only applies to general student admission and not athletes