Jake Sullivan

I have met Jake Sullivan numerous times. Personally, I found him to be a solid teacher.

My experiences was watching him work out with some high school kids, girs and boys. I don't claim to be a close friend with him, or know him beyond my handfull of dealings with him, but I was always impressed with his passion and intensity.

I know first hand that a lot of kids he has helped and parents of those kids respect the hell out of him. I do know a number of them very well.

Stories are like bread no matter how thin you slice them there are always 2 sides. After reading this and knowing some of the kids I do, I would venture to suggest that Jake is not the monster some are making him out to be, some of the kids and parents probably have or had different expectations and that there is probably some right and wrong on both sides of this issue.

Parents always think their kid is the next (Insert any super stud/studette name here). They get upset with a coach when things for their kids don't work out very well. I had no problem with jake defending himself, and he explaining his side of the story. Good for him. As a coach of youth myself, you are always ticking off some parent or kid. kids now a days want the stardom, and the playing time, but they don't want to put in the work or effort to earn it ot get better. they want it handed to them. read this book called GETTING THEM TO GIVE A DAMN, by eric chester. I think you will reconize a lot of our youth and college age kids of today in this book.

I may be in the minority, and cant believe I'm siding with a former clone, but I agree with Jake. He is getting paid to prepare these kids for college ball and to some players even the pros. He isnt getting paid to blow sunshine up their butts.

Wow, after reading that I sense a little Alford coming out in him. Act like a jerk and when you get called out for it, invoke god and religion to get people off your back.

Ridiculous boat...he mentions that he is confident in his God-given abilities and will not be changing the way he does things because of this incident.

Then he mentions that this incident is opening new doors for those involved and he hopes that they recognize God's hand in this.

In a letter of that length if you think that he's trying to "invoke God and religion to get people off (his) back" then you Sir need to Get Real.

Ridiculous boat...he mentions that he is confident in his God-given abilities and will not be changing the way he does things because of this incident.

Then he mentions that this incident is opening new doors for those involved and he hopes that they recognize God's hand in this.

In a letter of that length if you think that he's trying to "invoke God and religion to get people off (his) back" then you Sir need to Get Real.

Was that before or after he throws high school kids under the bus. He is the adult, and he is clearly not acting like it. The mere mention of God seems misplaced to me, but maybe you read it differently.

Latest posts