Jake Sheffield to Arizona State

Why would the kid say Iowa was in his last two and visit Iowa this late in the game if he didn't have a offer? Just doesn't make sense to me.

This is premium info but since he's out of our sights now, it should be ok to share. Rob Howe, who has been in constant contact with Jake, has confirmed today that Jake Sheffield never received an Iowa offer.

Rivals and 247sports both listed Sheffield as having an offer. Scout, who is consistently conservative in who they say has an offer, didn't list one.

Plus he has a child that lives in CA, makes more sense to play in AZ to me...

If this is true, it seems like CA would be the best place for him to play then. Maybe close enough that he might even get to see that child once in awhile. Sounds like he has his priorities a little upside down to me.

Plus he has a child that lives in CA, makes more sense to play in AZ to me...
Short term it would be nice to be closer to his kid but if he's thinking big picture for the kid he would have a better shot at the NFL at Iowa, they have produced twice the number of D Linemen in the last decade. I'm dissapointed we didn't get this guy, would have been a nice addition.

Latest posts