Jake Sheffield to Arizona State

WOW, hawks lose a recruit to a Todd Graham a guy that has a many jobs in the last two years as Deace and Miller have returned to the radio????

WOW, hawks lose a recruit to a Todd Graham a guy that has a many jobs in the last two years as Deace and Miller have returned to the radio????
That doesn't seem like a fair assessment. We didn't really lose him since he had previously verballed to ASU.

He never even received an Iowa offer. Not that it would not have happened but I understand his reasoning for not turning down an offer from ASU.

The guy pulled his verbal after Erickson got canned. The article states he said it was down to ASU and IU. So I'd say we lost out on him to ASU.

He did not have an offer from us yet. Best bet is we needed his transcripts to insure he could be admitted to the U of I. Either he didn't want to wait or they were not good enough to be admitted. He just finished school last week I believe.

Wasn't K recruiting him? Probably made his decision easy all things considered.
Good luck to him.

The guy pulled his verbal after Erickson got canned. The article states he said it was down to ASU and IU. So I'd say we lost out on him to ASU.
Semantics.

I guess I don't see it as much of a "loss" (or indictment of Iowa's recruiting efforts) when a kid stays with a school he originally verballed to. In all likelihood, there were several factors in addition to the coaching staff that steered him to ASU in the first place. Those factors are still there.

This is the main guy I wanted to see in a Hawkeye Uni next year. I thought he would come right in and start.

this sucks.

This is premium info but since he's out of our sights now, it should be ok to share. Rob Howe, who has been in constant contact with Jake, has confirmed today that Jake Sheffield never received an Iowa offer.

This is premium info but since he's out of our sights now, it should be ok to share. Rob Howe, who has been in constant contact with Jake, has confirmed today that Jake Sheffield never received an Iowa offer.

Well I stand corrected if Howe is right. I'd say I'd put those odds at about 50/50. :)

Latest posts