Jake Rudock

HawkInATX

Can we please just make a pact, a gentleman's agreement to stop bashing Rudock unnecessarily? He didn't quit, he didn't bail. KF thought CJB gave us a better shot at winning and purposefully gave Rudock enough notice to make his plans accordingly. He graduated from Iowa and transferred with the blessing of the coaches.

So what do you say? Can we put this beef aside?

Can we please just make a pact, a gentleman's agreement to stop bashing Rudock unnecessarily? He didn't quit, he didn't bail. KF thought CJB gave us a better shot at winning and purposefully gave Rudock enough notice to make his plans accordingly. He graduated from Iowa and transferred with the blessing of the coaches.

I don't think that very many people have a beef with Jake. His actions made sense. But make no mistake about it he DID quit.

He absolutely did quit. He absolutely did bail. Just because it made us better doesn't change that fact. The only reason he isn't hated is because he is not a good QB and we now have a good QB. It's that simple. If he was a stud, and CJ was not good, he would be public enemy #1. The fact he isn't hated and is looked at as "aw shucks, good to see him doing well!" is an indictment on his skills and on KF for sticking with him last season.

I'll continue to cheer for him. So what if he's not in black and gold. Michigan has crossover games with Northwestern and Minnesota and whether he quit on us or not I'd love to see him succeed in both those games to help us in the division race.

He didn't quit, he didn't bail.

Um...actually he did exactly that. He wasn't named the starter anymore so he quit the team and bailed to another program where he had the chance to become the starter.

I don't blame him and I dont have any hard feelings towards him, but did he quit and did he bail? Yes he absolutely did.

Saying that I'm glad Iowa's QB is Beathard and not Rudock is not a beef with Rudock. Graduated/Quit - doesn't matter, just wordsmithing. He's not on the team - that is the simple fact.

He absolutely did quit. He absolutely did bail. Just because it made us better doesn't change that fact. The only reason he isn't hated is because he is not a good QB and we now have a good QB. It's that simple. If he was a stud, and CJ was not good, he would be public enemy #1. The fact he isn't hated and is looked at as "aw shucks, good to see him doing well!" is an indictment on his skills and on KF for sticking with him last season.
Well the if he was a stud part of what your saying is pretty irrelevant because then Iowa would have had different/better records the last couple years and he'd have never left...Well to me besides the coaches having had made that decision him deciding to leave tells me he knew CJ was better as well and he didn't want to be a backup when he had opportunities (one pretty darn good one it turns out) to go start somewhere else.

Did he quit? Well yes he left when he could have stayed and been a backup to start spring ball and most likely the season. Some people can say well that makes him a quitter cause he didn't stay and try and win back his job. And that's to each persons prerogative to feel that way. It kind of depends on what shoes your wearing. Fans have one angle of it. Coaches have one (KF sure didn't have a problem with it) teammates have an angle on it and the individual has one. The only one that matters was his own. It's his life his career and this season is probably the last he'll play football. If he wanted to try playing somewhere else he thought he'd have a better chance then who am I or any of us to question that?

That cold January day wherein Beat Hard was named starting QB, enticing Riddick to QUIT and BAIL, was the best day Iowa football has had since Ricky Stanzi went Full Metal Murica at the 2010 Orange Bowl.

I think if people would stop starting stupid threads about it everyone would stop:mad:

He did quit!!!!! Not quitting would have playing his *** off and trying to win the job back in spring ball. Hello!!!!

As long as CJB doesn't go down with an injury I would say it has worked out for everyone. Everyone's best interest seemed to be served so it is all good to me.

Being a Steeler fan and watching Big Ben go down losing your QB just derails everything......As long as CJB is upright for all 13 the other stuff will take care of itself. I am actually rooting for Rudock I hope he can pick off MSU or OSU. CJB is the better QB, but I was never crazy how Ferentz handled the situation it just happen to work itself out for everyone.

He did quit!!!!! Not quitting would have playing his *** off and trying to win the job back in spring ball. Hello!!!!
Rudock is not an Iowa kid. He was a two-year starter. He was eligible for the graduate transfer.

Pretty much any kid in his shoes would have made the same decision. And now he's starting at Michigan, so clearly he made the best choice for himself.

Call it quitting if you want, I call it transferring. And everyone involved is better off.

I just don't get why everyone is ******** for getting exactly what they wanted.

Did CJ transfer to a different team a year ago when he wasn't the starting QB? No he didn't. Even though it's clear now that he should have been the starter he supported Jake and provided his team with some depth at the most important position on the field. What did Jake do as soon as he was told he had been surpassed? He took his ball and he went home. He quit.

I don't have any hard feelings about it because CJ is awesome and this team is way better with him at the helm, but I and I imagine many other fans and even former teammates of Jake's would take offense to it if you claim he didn't quit.

Rudock did quit but I'm glad he did. Even though it would be nice to have a backup with his experience, I wouldn't want any chance of a controversy.

Last edited:
Isn't posting this thread a bannable offense at this point. Stop it already........
picard-facepalm.jpg

Latest posts