Jacobsen good. But not great.

Herkeynerd

I like the way the guy locks down teams on defense, but this guy this year is benefited by a group of guys who have stayed together for 4 years. Maybe that says something as far as guys not transferring, but in the end it is the players, not the coach. Great run, but give me a consistant recruiter over a guy with a good defensive system any day. It took this team four years to get here, not sure the Iowa fan base would like once every four years. Congrats to UNI, and enjoy the win, hell, I'm a grad myself, but remember how special this team is and how all the parts fit just right. Hard to duplicate that even at your original school. May never happen at UNI again, who knows.

Look, I don't think he's going to be the guy, and personally I don't want him. But after what just happened there is no way possible Barta can just walk away without taking a look at him...

Sorry Jon, maybe this shouldn't have been a new thread, but I guess it's done now. Basically, I agree with Jon, this is kind of an echo, as well as a shout out to a very good team. If you aren't watching yet, you should be, it has been fun. :)

Actually this is Farokhmanesh's second year at UNI because he played at Kirkwood, Moran is only a true sophomore and Ahelegbe is just a Junior. Also there are role players like Jake Koch and Sonnen that are just freshmen, Jacobsen recruits the Minneapolis area pretty well. I agree that he isn't the right fit for Iowa, but for different reasons.

I think he is good where he is at. He might make a splash somewhere but I personally don't want him as the Iowa coach. If you didn't like the syle of play that Lick brought to Iowa it would be tough to like UNI's style. The only reason you might not find it boring now is because you see a team actually winning lol.

Latest posts