Jacob Vollstedt From Iowa City Regina

ott75

As anybody seen this kid play? I know the kid well and is from a great family. It just seems like Iowa is interested but not after him as hard as they should. He reminds me a lot of James Morris. I think he would look great in black and gold. I hope that he doesn't go to any other school when he is right in the hawks back yard. Any thoughts?

He was a freshman when I was a senior at Regina. Kid is incredibly hard working and has turned himself into a hell of a football player. I hope Kirk goes after him.

Marv Cook said recently that Jacob is benching more now then Marv ever did at any time during his playing career either at Iowa or in the NFL.

iahawk72

I've been to a few Regina games this year. While I'm never great at knowing when high school talent will translate at the college level, I will say he's a ton of fun to watch. Like you say, he seems to come from a really great family. Would love to see a Regina kid at Iowa again. I think the last was Marcus Kloos, who left the team this year, right?

I've been to a few Regina games this year. While I'm never great at knowing when high school talent will translate at the college level, I will say he's a ton of fun to watch. Like you say, he seems to come from a really great family. Would love to see a Regina kid at Iowa again. I think the last was Marcus Kloos, who left the team this year, right?

Correct, and Reisen is still on the team (year older than Kloos)

I know that he has been to Michigan, Minnesota, Iowa State, UNI, South Dakota and is here from Wisky. I will gurantee that he won't do the walk on thing. He will be getting offers it better be from Iowa cause Marv Cook said he is one of the most talented players he coached.

I know that he has been to Michigan, Minnesota, Iowa State, UNI, South Dakota and is here from Wisky. I will gurantee that he won't do the walk on thing. He will be getting offers it better be from Iowa cause Marv Cook said he is one of the most talented players he coached.

He's not even in the Scout database, and per Rivals received D1 offers only from UNI and SD: http://rivals.yahoo.com/iowa/footba...tedt-132426;_ylt=Atv2uDxFgJm8ZX_1WTZzOj6AsJB4

Here's the Northwest Missouri confirmation: NorthwestBearcats.com

The rumor around town was that he was considering a walk-on opportunity with the Hawks and had a meeting set up with some members of the coaching staff (EJ, maybe Reese), but they either no-showed or were extremely late, thus ******* him off and ending any chance that he might come here.

Oh well.

Latest posts