Izzo puts hands on his own player going into half

HaydenHawk56

Looks like he got into a verbal argument. Starts tugging at his jersey when he turns his back to him as they are going into the tunnel.

Player was a Punk Ass Bitch

PAB

He didn't switch off, leaving a wide-open Bruin

Who nailed a three to end the half

His teammate came over and said something to him

Then he shrugged Izzo off and tried to walk away from him

F that PAB POS

UCLA looks damn good!

They had Jesus

Polishing their balls

ცოცხალი ფოტოები - გიფები :* -> თბილისის ფორუმი

I am old school. You don't disrespect your coach that way. I hate Izzo as much as anyone, but he is one of the greatest coaches to ever coach this game, and he deserves that kids respect, and he needs to take coaching/criticism/teaching much better than that. Grow up, young man. I don't blame Izzo for being pissed. I also don't agree he put his hands on him in any physical or threatening way as suggested. Izzo is a tiny old man and that kid could literally snap him in half if he wanted to. Izzo was not getting the attention he deserved so he grabbed him twice. Its sports. Its coaching. I agree with Barkley.

Just my two cents as a coach, but if it were the other way around and it was a player who did that to their coach what would the reaction be? Double standard or not, while it may not have been that big of a deal or blown out of proportion a line was crossed.

Just my two cents as a coach, but if it were the other way around and it was a player who did that to their coach what would the reaction be? Double standard or not, while it may not have been that big of a deal or blown out of proportion a line was crossed.
You don't put your hands on your coach. I understand it is a double standard. But, some double standards that come from a place of respect are okay, IMHO. You never put your hands on coaches, teachers, parents or women. Even if they put hands on you first.

Coach should not put hands on players and players should not put hands on coach.....only in self-defense or through mutual agreement in positioning a body for instructional purposes. Izzo crossed the line grabbing on to the player's shirt. The player crossed the line disrespecting his coach. Izzo could have just benched him as a consequence.

Part of the player thinking it was all right to jaw back and forth with tiny tom was the kind of relationship he has fostered with his players, which I believe to be a dissolution of clear authoritarian lines. Sometimes that come back to bite you. The player believes he is on an equal level as the coach and when push comes to shove, it is hard to re-establish the chain of command on the fly. Still, putting your hands on a player should be condemned, although I've heard nothing in the way of punishment or an apology from the coach. Not terribly surprising though considering the wide berth tommy is allowed.

Part of the player thinking it was all right to jaw back and forth with tiny tom was the kind of relationship he has fostered with his players, which I believe to be a dissolution of clear authoritarian lines. Sometimes that come back to bite you. The player believes he is on an equal level as the coach and when push comes to shove, it is hard to re-establish the chain of command on the fly. Still, putting your hands on a player should be condemned, although I've heard nothing in the way of punishment or an apology from the coach. Not terribly surprising though considering the wide berth tommy is allowed.
Did the conference reprimand him or even comment on the event?