Izzo Presser

Esteshawk

I only caught part of his press conference after the game, but besides looking like he was going to bust out crying at any moment, Izzo will always be Izzo the Rat. Not one bit of praise for Iowa.

Really? That's not like Izzo, usually he compliments the other team after the game. I can't stand him in game, he's the biggest cry baby on the sideline in basketball. Hell they lost by 30 points, he's gotta give SOME credit to Iowa it can't all be because of the officials or his players.

He gave a little credit to Iowa....mostly backhanded compliments on the guys that knocked down three pointers. He called the game an "ambush." whatever that means. Did we bring some ringers? Some players he hadn't seen in the past? No, I just think the idea of Iowa actually beating him in Breslin (he couldn't remember Carver Hawkeye Arena) is anathema to him. He got all our players names wrong as well. It seems as though the flea turned and took down the bulldog.

I only caught part of his press conference after the game, but besides looking like he was going to bust out crying at any moment, Izzo will always be Izzo the Rat. Not one bit of praise for Iowa.
Yes he did! Some people are so thin skinned. He gave Iowa a lot of credit. Remember coaches from opposing teams are going to address what went right or wrong with their teams and field questions about their team. You can't expect an opposing coach to go all goo goo over your team for the entire 15 minute presser.

On a side note pertaining to Izzo in the press conference, I thought he looked spent. He just looked defeated at times.

He gave a little credit to Iowa....mostly backhanded compliments on the guys that knocked down three pointers. He called the game an "ambush." whatever that means. Did we bring some ringers? Some players he hadn't seen in the past? No, I just think the idea of Iowa actually beating him in Breslin (he couldn't remember Carver Hawkeye Arena) is anathema to him. He got all our players names wrong as well. It seems as though the flea turned and took down the bulldog.

I don't think they were so much backhanded compliments, I've come to think Izzo just states it like it was and doesn't sugar coat anything, so comes off wrong. He admitted their defensive game plan which was to try to lock down on Garza and leave a couple 30% 3 pt shooters. He didn't name the players but one could guess he was talking about Connor and Murray. He commented on how they both hit two which wasn't expected.

Coaches always scout who the player is that has to be shut down and they scout and game plan for a player that could leave a bit open if the defender helps on another player. You always know of that opposing player that you will let take a long shot.

Oh and yea, I didn't understand what that "ambush" comment was either when the presser started. I suspect that he was just referring to how they weren't expecting Iowa's success with the number of players contributing or hitting the 3's, this going back to them letting the 30% 3 pt shooters taking shots. I think he was saying that surprised them.

Latest posts