It's time to start thinking bigger

And this team is good enough to do it.

Okay, shut up me.

There are a lot of teams good enough to do it. We're 1 of them...and I can say that with a straight face. I worry about no NCAA experience and then think of Kentucky and Kansas. Both have a legitimate chance and there's little to no experience on either roster.

There are a lot of teams good enough to do it. We're 1 of them...and I can say that with a straight face. I worry about no NCAA experience and then think of Kentucky and Kansas. Both have a legitimate chance and there's little to no experience on either roster.

They have a legit chance because of their superior talent. We don't have a top 10 draft pick... let alone 2 on top 5 picks like Kansas.

I see Iowa as a 4 with Duke as a 5 in the latest espn bracketology. Please God no. Although Duke is entirely beatable this year, please no 2nd round matchups with Duke FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Would rather see Kansas be a 1, Iowa a 2, and Wisky the 4.

I agree. We are a good team, this is the year where the sky is the limit home fries. Let's shoot for the moon man

I see Iowa as a 4 with Duke as a 5 in the latest espn bracketology. Please God no. Although Duke is entirely beatable this year, please no 2nd round matchups with Duke FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Would rather see Kansas be a 1, Iowa a 2, and Wisky the 4.

At this point, Duke shouldn’t be ranked or anything close to a 5 seed.

Im just flat out going to enjoy this. We all know this team has a chance to be special. I dont know how far we will go. But I know its been a long long time since I felt we had a team that has a chance to go to the final four. Granted its a long shot. But its the first shot we have had in a while

The only three teams I'd be concerned about right now are Syracuse, Arizona and Oklahoma State (Smart is the type of player that I think would shred us) but I'm not going to think about tournament match ups right now.

The only three teams I'd be concerned about right now are Syracuse, Arizona and Oklahoma State (Smart is the type of player that I think would shred us) but I'm not going to think about tournament match ups right now.

This is the big one I don't want to see. Their zone would eat us alive.

This is the big one I don't want to see. Their zone would eat us alive.

It would be fun to see what they could do though....You need a guard that can penetrate and dish.....If you watch Syracuse's defense, it seems like they really spread that zone out there sometimes...their guards are quick and relentless....I think we would have to set some major screens to free up some guys....I'd love the challenge though...

It would be fun to see what they could do though....You need a guard that can penetrate and dish.....If you watch Syracuse's defense, it seems like they really spread that zone out there sometimes...their guards are quick and relentless....I think we would have to set some major screens to free up some guys....I'd love the challenge though...

Or we would just have to do what we do to everyone else, make stops with our length (our zone is good too) and beat them to the other side of the court.

They spread it out because they can. That's what makes it so deadly. Very few, if any other teams can spread a 2-3 zone out the way they do and still be damn near impenetrable.

They spread it out because they can. That's what makes it so deadly. Very few, if any other teams can spread a 2-3 zone out the way they do and still be damn near impenetrable.

I think a team like Iowa could do well against Syracuse. As an uptempo, fast-breaking team, we can get a lot of our points in transition before the zone can get set up. Plus, we are one of the top rebounding teams in the nation and while Syracuse does pretty well rebounding out of the zone, the nature of the zone leaves lots of opportunities for offensive rebounds. I wouldn't have wanted any part of a team like Syracuse in the past, but with this team's makeup and experience, I'm not afraid of any team.

I see a lot of posts and posters commenting about other teams that the Hawks have played and hoping they continue to win to help our SOS/RPI. Guys, that's the "loser" or "bubble" mentality that's been ingrained in us over the last decade of mediocrity/down-right terrible teams.

I even saw posts last night/this morning that said they were rooting for Wisky last night so that it would help our SOS/RPI. You've got to be kidding me. Wisky is one of the teams we will be battling to the bitter end to win the conference. We finally have a team that is a legitimate threat to win the conference and we've got fans focusing on BS things like RPI and SOS and all those things that middling teams worry about.

Guys, we're one of only 2 teams in the entire country that has beaten a Top 5 team on the road. We have a Top 10 offense. A Top 25 efficiency defense. A Top 10 rebounding and assist team. For the first time in a LONG time, we have a realistic shot at a regular season conference title. Something we haven't won in 35 years. It's time to stop worrying about what Villanova or ISU or anyone else is doing to our SOS/RPI and start rooting against the teams we will be battling for a conference title.

Latest posts