It’s the offense stupid

The problem is we are calling 20 catches 300 yards and 3 tds a key cog to an offense... I don't disagree losing Jones is a step the wrong direction. It just stinks that the bar is set so damn low.

There's only a couple ways BF could 'blow our socks off. It'd take the Oline improving immensely so running game can dominate and play action can be ran well. Or 2 he shakes up the playbook and gets more creative with it and playmakers are doing more damage. Both of those scenarios would take competent QB play and is anyone betting on that happening either? A lot has to go right and so far we've seen nothing to think it'll change much...
To be honest I think Charlie Jones is more important to the return game than anything. As a receiver he wasn’t going to do much with Johnson, Bruce, and Ragaini there anyway. Jones could flip a field instantly, and there’s a psychological contingent to it as well. When he returned a punt behind where a team punted from, there’s a definite electricity that guys feed off of.

To be honest I think Charlie Jones is more important to the return game than anything. As a receiver he wasn’t going to do much with Johnson, Bruce, and Ragaini there anyway. Jones could flip a field instantly, and there’s a psychological contingent to it as well. When he returned a punt behind where a team punted from, there’s a definite electricity that guys feed off of.

I would swap out Ragini for Laporta otherwise I agree with everything you are saying. I know Laporta is a tight end, but more than likely he will lead the team in receptions this year.

As for punt returns, I am hoping there is some magic with one of the young guys. Dejean, Bruce or Nwampa may have something and just need an opportunity. I would put money on KF taking the safe route by going with Ragini, but maybe one of those young guys has something so undeniable that KF rolls with it.

Last edited:
Unfortunately LaPorta is going to see a lot of double coverage this year.
As well he should... Unless Lachey really steps up along with other receivers anytime LaPorta is out there he should draw the most attention. If I'm a DC I'd make someone else beat us. It's just smart

This. And now the alternative is probably going to be a guy who either fair catches or lets the punt roll down to our 2 yard line. I only know of 4 QBs in the KF era that could consistently handle a 90+ yard drive and Petras isn't one of them.

Latest posts