It's Sullivan Time

At this point I've switched my focus away from being mad about Kirkball to Kaleb Johnson. Dude reminds me of Shonn Greene. Big size, drags guys after contact, finds ways to make big plays, and plays on a not real great squad.

Can still get a good bowl game and yadda yadda, but this feels like an 7-6 ish year to me and Johnson can really be a bright spot even if they lose a bunch of games.

That's where I'm at...I'll love the Hawks till I die and always hope they win, but it's at the point where they aren't doing anything different since the beginning of the post-Beathard days and to be frank it's boring and seems uninspired. I'm rooting for Kaleb Johnson to make waves for himself like Shonn did.

Those plays dragging guys and pushing piles all on his lonesome are new...he did not do those things in previous seasons. He has always had the breakaway speed, but you add in that ability to drive through contact, it is going to be fun to watch.

We need Moulton or Patterson to get going as ideally this team runs 40+ times per game.

I am with @longtimer , I think Sullivan gets in there eventually. It is hard to imagine him being much worse through the air than McNamara, but he adds another dimension with his legs. I get that he isn't Michael Vick, but he isn't made of glass and he can move a bit.

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but we finally have receivers running open. We haven't seen that since ISM and B. Smith were here. Now we just need to find a QB that can get them the ball on the regular.

Those plays dragging guys and pushing piles all on his lonesome are new...he did not do those things in previous seasons. He has always had the breakaway speed, but you add in that ability to drive through contact, it is going to be fun to watch.

We need Moulton or Patterson to get going as ideally this team runs 40+ times per game.

I am with @longtimer , I think Sullivan gets in there eventually. It is hard to imagine him being much worse through the air than McNamara, but he adds another dimension with his legs. I get that he isn't Michael Vick, but he isn't made of glass and he can move a bit.

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but we finally have receivers running open. We haven't seen that since ISM and B. Smith were here. Now we just need to find a QB that can get them the ball on the regular.
In somewhat fairness to CM, Iowa's OL makes him look bad at times. If we had a top 5 OL (which wouldn't be unthinkable a decade ago) he'd probably be very serviceable. But, you dance with the one who brung ya, and in order to dance with our OL you need to be fleet of foot.

In somewhat fairness to CM, Iowa's OL makes him look bad at times. If we had a top 5 OL (which wouldn't be unthinkable a decade ago) he'd probably be very serviceable. But, you dance with the one who brung ya, and in order to dance with our OL you need to be fleet of foot.

Totally agree about your “fleet of foot” comment. Sullivan is not a speedster but compared to Cade he looks like an Olympian sprinter.

Having a QB that can escape the rush and break off a seven or more run REALLY puts pressure on the opposing defense and gives them more to think about other than just running the ball.

Not sure I am buying the reports and claims of Cade’s full recovery. He just looks off when he runs. Doesn’t look smooth and a step slow.

Banks sat his ass on the bench for a lot longer than the fans wanted him too. Once he got to start and show his skills some of us were thinking “Damn you Kirk for your stubbornness, ego, and pride, for not playing him sooner.”

In fairness to Kirk would any of us roll the dice and take risk knowing a winning record gets you pay raises and contract extension exceeding millions of dollars. It was great for him and his family.

Not so much for entertaining football. The natives are getting restless and want more. Apathy towards him is growing.

Latest posts