It's Sullivan Time

Cade McNamara was a mediocre QB on a talented Michigan team (according to some Michigan writers) who since has suffered injuries and missed a lot of football. He now is less than mediocre with limited mobility, questionable decision making and very questionable arm strength. For those who think he must be good as he led Michigan to a championship I would point to last years Iowa team with the worst QB ever to put on a uniform and a less than good offensive supporting unit.
His game against (Illinois State) was in part playing a lower division team and in part some lucky throws

Time to see what Sullivan can do. He needs to play half the game and if Cade struggles early more. No i don't think he is a great QB, maybe not even an average one but if he is at least mobile and if he can make some throws Iowa could be pretty good. Without that we are looking at 6 or 7 wins

I think everyone agrees QB is the most important position Why is it that Iowa can't recruit or develop a decent one in the past few years??
Because Kirk doesn’t know what one looks like

ToP D in the country…

What You Saying GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 min left before the half and iowa has the ball. Run. Big time booing from the fans.
Announcers flat out said “ you have a 6th year QB, 1 min left and you run. I just don’t understand this”
Hell even Cade was throwing his hands up pissed off
If I'm Kirk I'd tell Cade, "If you want the chance to run the 1 minute offense at the end of the half, stop sucking ass the first 23 minutes."

I was happy to see Sullivan finally get his shot, and he did well. I was wondering if he would stay in and he didn't. But he got in some snaps andwill be more than ready when his time comes. And, yes, he did throw a TD on his first pass as a Hawk.

I did note, however, that Cade was 19 of 23 in passing against Troy.........

I was happy to see Sullivan finally get his shot, and he did well. I was wondering if he would stay in and he didn't. But he got in some snaps andwill be more than ready when his time comes. And, yes, he did throw a TD on his first pass as a Hawk.

I did note, however, that Cade was 19 of 23 in passing against Troy.........

Classic example of the eyeball test versus what the stats say. Eyeball test tells you that there is still a lot of work to be done. The stats will tell you he is Patrick Mahomes.

1 min left before the half and iowa has the ball. Run. Big time booing from the fans.
Announcers flat out said “ you have a 6th year QB, 1 min left and you run. I just don’t understand this”
Hell even Cade was throwing his hands up pissed off

I am not doubting you but wondering if some of those comments are out there on social media.

There was no reason that the backup QB couldn’t have played the entire fourth quarter. This is a big difference from Hayden and Kirk. Hayden had the sense to know it is always good to get backups quality time to play just in case shit happens.

We all know shit happens to our teams. So having as much live game experience for backups is a wise philosophy to have. Either backup had the mobility to run for a first down in that last series against ISU. We be sitting here concerned about the offense improving but will would be 3-0. 11-1 should get you into the playoff but 10-2 is very iffy and a long shot. We all knew going into the season that Iowa would be favored in all the games except the game against Ohio State.

A lot of air has gone out of the balloon at this point as playoff talk seems unlikely. Not impossible but unlikely.

I am not doubting you but wondering if some of those comments are out there on social media.

There was no reason that the backup QB couldn’t have played the entire fourth quarter. .

I'd say that the reason is because he needs more reps.

A lot of air has gone out of the balloon at this point as playoff talk seems unlikely. Not impossible but unlikely.
I'd say it's unlikely enough to be called impossible.

Iowa is fighting for 7th best team in the country after the 5 conference winners. Ain't gonna happen.

I'd say it's unlikely enough to be called impossible.

Iowa is fighting for 7th best team in the country after the 5 conference winners. Ain't gonna happen.

Can’t argue with the thought process here. A lot of good teams would have to lose two or more games and Iowa would need to go into Ohio State and do the unthinkable.

Can’t argue with the thought process here. A lot of good teams would have to lose two or more games and Iowa would need to go into Ohio State and do the unthinkable.
Even beating OSU I think Iowa would have to be better than Penn State and Michigan. The ISU loss was a ten penny nail in the proverbial coffin unless they do something crazy like go and win the Big 8.

If he wasn't given reps during the first three games of the season he's not going to get any reps the rest of the season barring injury or apparently situations inside the 10.
Have to agree with you as Iowa is not a playoff team. At this point they really aren't a very good team. As far as Sullivan getting meaningful playing time it will happen. McNamara will either get hurt or pull his imitation of (was it Jake Christianson) and Sullivan will play

Have to agree with you as Iowa is not a playoff team. At this point they really aren't a very good team. As far as Sullivan getting meaningful playing time it will happen. McNamara will either get hurt or pull his imitation of (was it Jake Christianson) and Sullivan will play
At this point I've switched my focus away from being mad about Kirkball to Kaleb Johnson. Dude reminds me of Shonn Greene. Big size, drags guys after contact, finds ways to make big plays, and plays on a not real great squad.

Can still get a good bowl game and yadda yadda, but this feels like an 7-6 ish year to me and Johnson can really be a bright spot even if they lose a bunch of games.

That's where I'm at...I'll love the Hawks till I die and always hope they win, but it's at the point where they aren't doing anything different since the beginning of the post-Beathard days and to be frank it's boring and seems uninspired. I'm rooting for Kaleb Johnson to make waves for himself like Shonn did.

I just remembered this morning. Inconsistent teams usually are about 7-5 teams. Thats what 7-5 teams do. They flash and they splash.

unlike the last 2 years, teams are going deep on Iowa and will continue to do so. In those 10-6 grinders of last year and year before, teams would just meet Iowa and try not to lose field position and kick it away.

or put another way... I cant believe their throwing deep on us, we would never do that.

Latest posts