Its really not that bad guys.....

PDXHawkeye

Come on... Get a grip. If this is it, it really is not that big of a deal. Grant it, you don't want players on your team doing drugs, but this is a hell of a lot better then the sexual assult 2 or 3 years ago.

In the end, this is the way I see it. We lost a SR. WR for a game, a RB who hasn't played in a year decided to transfer (according to my other Thread, evidently I thought that Wegher taking class showed that he may want to come back), one RB who has played a total of 2 games in 2 years took his two bad knees and is going to play at a D2 school (most questioned if he could come back anyway).

As for ARob, after watching the OSU game, I am excited to see Coker get more carries. I assume that coach tells Coker that if he keeps his nose clean this off-season (no pun intended), he is #1 back going into the spring and fall camp. How many of you were screaming for Coker to get more carries against OSU? This pretty much garentees that he will get the majortity of the carries next year.

Also, this fall, there was a lot of talk that Johnson might not redshirt. A lot of people were pretty high on him. I hope he goes in at #2, ARob #3.

seriously? grant it? :rolleyes:

You are so cool for picking out a grammar error.

The OP is right. I can't believe how shocked and appalled some people are. DJK living with a drug dealer is a step up in seriousness and so to is the cocaine. But nobody should be shocked that some football players smoke weed or use prescription drugs. Both of these things are rampant on college campuses.

Football players also can't really go out and drink like the undergraduate students. Some college-age kids will always want an outlet. Plus the amount of stress, pressure, and pain they deal with drugs like weed and prescription pain killers make sense. They are still 18-22 year olds, and not more immune to poor decisions than other people their age.

Everyone likes to get high and mighty and believe they have somehow been personally disrespected by decisions that some 18-22 year old kids made. In the grand scheme of things, taking controlled substances is but a speedbump. The kids made their decisions, they will suffer appropriate consequences. I'm not sure there is much more to this than that.

Come on... Get a grip. If this is it, it really is not that big of a deal. Grant it, you don't want players on your team doing drugs, but this is a hell of a lot better then the sexual assult 2 or 3 years ago.

In the end, this is the way I see it. We lost a SR. WR for a game, a RB who hasn't played in a year decided to transfer (according to my other Thread, evidently I thought that Wegher taking class showed that he may want to come back), one RB who has played a total of 2 games in 2 years took his two bad knees and is going to play at a D2 school (most questioned if he could come back anyway).

As for ARob, after watching the OSU game, I am excited to see Coker get more carries. I assume that coach tells Coker that if he keeps his nose clean this off-season (no pun intended), he is #1 back going into the spring and fall camp. How many of you were screaming for Coker to get more carries against OSU? This pretty much garentees that he will get the majortity of the carries next year.

Also, this fall, there was a lot of talk that Johnson might not redshirt. A lot of people were pretty high on him. I hope he goes in at #2, ARob #3.

That's just it - this isn't IT, this isn't the big news.

Agreed on the first post!

Please someone tell me why they honestly believe there are many more names to come... Why would a press release offer up 2 names, but have a conference tomorrow to name 10 more players in the same situation.

I'm not saying it's not going to happen, but it makes no sense. I'm hearing names like McNutt, Clayborn, Prater, etc. Are they less important that it needs to wait to be released?

I feel like no matter what happens, there will be more and more rumors. The rumors are what is truly negative. If they keep it up, it's going to effect the players too.

Give it a rest until you know the truth. I think this is my final day on message boards until after the bowl game. Not only are the rumors annoying, but the negativity by our fans is killing me.

You are so cool for picking out a grammar error.

That is not a grammatical error. It is a malaprop, or more precisely an eggcorn. And it does the OP a service to point out his mistake. To the OP: the usage you intended is "Granted."

latrans, you have posted something similar to this many times now. What else can you say about this? Are we talking more suspensions? Dismissals? Starters affected? Something else?

Seconded. People need to stop being so effing cryptic. If you have something to say, say it. If you feel you can't say it at this juncture for whatever reason, why hint at it?

Also, on a related note, if I hear the term "credible source" thrown out one more time, I'm going all CAPS LOCK ON THE MO-FO. From what I've seen, 90% of the "credible sources" aren't too damn credible.

I'm with the OP here. Yeah, I hate to lose talented RBs and WRs for whatever reason. But Wegher and DJK are gone for personal reasons -- in DJK's case an apparent lack of self-discipline. Adam, as we have learned, apparently has had academic issues at the least. Hampton's a talented runner but for whatever reason hasn't managed to survive the rigors of two straight Big Ten seasons -- well, that's not quite correct, he didn't even make it into the conference seasons.

So, some good players gone. But a chance for some other players to step up and make their mark. Those who want to play, work hard, keep their noses clean, will get their chance.

Maybe, just maybe, those who really want to play for the University of Iowa will be the ones taking the field in a couple weeks.

I dont its much of a surprise that you can have a few kids make poor choices and it then affects others too, but in the long run this will hurt recruiting in a bad way, who will want to allow their kid to come to a school that now has a reputation of a football team that does cocaine and all the other stuff going with it???? Look back now at Arvell Nelson situation and makes you wonder how far back and how many could be involved with the number of players who've come and gone.............

Spot on post. The facts: DJK was caught with drugs. Wegher and Hampton asked for their releases (neither a big surprise) and ARob did something to warrant a trip to the bench for the bowl game. Not kicked off the team; just not able to participate in the bowl game.

That's it. Those are the facts. Everything else is because of some fans who want to speculate and say they have "inside sources" to information. I find the drug ring suggestions the most interesting. I fully anticipate Kirk to take the mid tomorrow and indeed announce 20 players are suspended or off the team because of drugs. There are always going to be a group of players who make poor choices in college. Almost every school has 'em. Disgruntled fans are lashing out at a lack of institutional control. This isn't Miami and Kirk is not a Barry Switzer or some shady coach. The majority of fans can step back and recognize this. But the fans who love Jersey Shore like the drama and don't hesitate to spew forth accusations they can't back. Tomorrow will tell us more and when it is all said and done i wont be surprised if ARob leaves (for whatever reason) but i don't think the Jersey Shore episode you are expecting tomorrow will evolve.

Spot on post. The facts: DJK was caught with drugs. Wegher and Hampton asked for their releases (neither a big surprise) and ARob did something to warrant a trip to the bench for the bowl game. Not kicked off the team; just not able to participate in the bowl game.

That's it. Those are the facts. Everything else is because of some fans who want to speculate and say they have "inside sources" to information. I find the drug ring suggestions the most interesting. I fully anticipate Kirk to take the mid tomorrow and indeed announce 20 players are suspended or off the team because of drugs. There are always going to be a group of players who make poor choices in college. Almost every school has 'em. Disgruntled fans are lashing out at a lack of institutional control. This isn't Miami and Kirk is not a Barry Switzer or some shady coach. The majority of fans can step back and recognize this. But the fans who love Jersey Shore like the drama and don't hesitate to spew forth accusations they can't back. Tomorrow will tell us more and when it is all said and done i wont be surprised if ARob leaves (for whatever reason) but i don't think the Jersey Shore episode you are expecting tomorrow will evolve.

Guarantee you won't say that tomorrow...it isn't just a couple guys.

I think that anyone who signs into a sports message board and states that they have some inside information, but can't tell you is a loser who needs some attention. Someone who holds themselves as zero importance, but would love to feel important for the moment.
Is there an ignore button for certain posters? Or POSERS in this case?

I agree with the op. The other thing I have noticed is that the majority (well a lot of) of the rumor milling is being done by posters with very low post counts. I have seen a few that started the week with 1 and are into the mid 100s. Hiding behind anonymity is weak when it comes to throwing s*ist around.

I think we get this pressor over with, deal with the absence of our star WR and figure out how to come together as a team and actually show up and win the bowl game. Move on to 2011 and see what we can do with a team that is together on the same page (and maybe a couple of coaching call modifications ;) ).

Latest posts