Its Official: Row 79 is the best Row in Kinnick

reamkore

You can stand up all game.
Great view of plays developing.
and most important with no one behind you, you basically have a standing room only spot in addition to your seats. so that you can bring friends up that buy single tickets.

i miss Kinnick, ready to watch the 8-0 hawkeyes crush the hoosiers on halloween.

and most important with no one behind you, you basically have a standing room only spot in addition to your seats. so that you can bring friends up that buy single tickets.

i miss Kinnick, ready to watch the 8-0 hawkeyes crush the hoosiers on halloween.

We should have an Orange-out for halloween. Howboutit?!

Also, I agree... the old people sitting behind you yelling to sit down gets very annoying after 4 seasons of sitting there. Row 79 would be nice. -_-

I was on Row 76 and your right. As a big guy sitting on the end an up high is great. With the new turf it makes it look even better. And not too many old people sit up that high.

I agree, sat third row from the press box for michigan game and was very happy with it...

Really not a bad seat in the house.

I am on the 42 yard line 16 rows up and we do not sit down for people telling us to either. You own that ticket and from the ground up to the sky the spot is yours!

On Iowa, Go Hawks!

We should have an Orange-out for halloween. Howboutit?!

Also, I agree... the old people sitting behind you yelling to sit down gets very annoying after 4 seasons of sitting there. Row 79 would be nice. -_-

Oh geez, let's not get into another debate about what color or clothes we should wear to the game...it would cause mass chaos! haha

I couldnt agree more. We were moved to row 79 about 3 years ago and at first were mad about it, after a few games we realized we liked it better because the guys stand all game and the women get extra space.

I have GOT to get tickets in the 79th row then. I love standing, would love the extra room, and love to see plays unfolding. Granted, close seats are nice because everything is so right in front of you, but DVR'ing the game from home and watching live from the 79th row sounds like my kind of deal.

Is there a 79th row in both the east and west stands? Which ones are you guys referring to, or does it even matter?

Really not a bad seat in the house.

Then you haven't sat in the second row of the North end Zone behind the Alumni band!!!

You can't see anything on the other end of the field, but it was still awesome watching the Michigan game with my 9 year old for his first Hawkeye game!!! And I'd sit there again in a heart beat...

In your rave review of row 79 you left on important factor out! When it's cold and the wind is a blowing there is no colder spot than the last row in the stadium :). I'll be nice and warm down on row 19 while you get the burnt of the wind "on top" of Kinnick.

In your rave review of row 79 you left on important factor out! When it's cold and the wind is a blowing there is no colder spot than the last row in the stadium :). I'll be nice and warm down on row 19 while you get the burnt of the wind "on top" of Kinnick.

Actaully it is just opposite. We sit right under the press box and when it is hot outside we sit in the shade, raining out we get cover, we can even see the tv's in the suites for replays on plays under review. The press box also cuts down on the wind, but I am sur eit is different on the East side.

Yes, you are absolutely right. The last row at any Big Ten stadium is great.

I sat in the last row at the Michigan Iowa game in Ann Arbor in 2002. Fantastic seats - we stood the whole game and cheered the Hawks to victory.

Dudes, I've been in row 79 for years. It is absolutely the best. I don't know what I like the best, but there are many great attributes. I am on the press box side.

It is shielded from the wind. You can watch replays in the suites. If someone cool is in the suites, they will pass out beers. If it is rainy, the rain falls right in front of you due to the huge overhang. In September, you are only in the sun until 11:30, when the overhang covers you in shade. Everybody up there is cool, I know everyone around me. I can pound on the sheet metal and yell things like "Fire Nor-Man" when the defense lets us down and causes us to lose a game. No better seats in the house unless you are up in the club (back row so you can stand, of course).

That said, most of you message board veterans are probably too portly to get up that high, so just stay down in your normal seats.

im on the east side and yeah penn state was pretty rough.