it's official now. BF is a terrible OC.

Anybody stop to think that his scheme isn't the issue, but rather its the OLine that is holding this team back?
I didn't see jNW loading up the box today, I just saw an OLine that could not create holes.

I think maybe that OLine coach was a bad hire. He's a good recruiter, however the results are not showing up on the field.

While I don't agree with BF's philosophy I don't necessarily think he cost us THIS game. The players have to catch the ball and execute. We dropped at least three balls, two of which would have been first downs and that includes the play in OT. We also jumped offside with less than a yard to go to force the field goal. Right now guys are not executing the plays and the O-line is not blocking very well.

switch him back to OL coach and then let him "move on" if he wants anything higher than that. I think we're all sick of the defense holding the other teams offense in check in terms of score and seeing the offense screw the pooch game after game. The only game where they did their job was against ISU.
Its not the OC, its the head coach. Same stuff whether its KOK, Davis , or BF. You could put Mike Leach as OC and the results would be the same

Anybody stop to think that his scheme isn't the issue, but rather its the OLine that is holding this team back?
I didn't see jNW loading up the box today, I just saw an OLine that could not create holes.

I think maybe that OLine coach was a bad hire. He's a good recruiter, however the results are not showing up on the field.
It's a combination of terrible schemes, zero playmakers, horrible O line play, an OC that has no business calling plays, head coach that the game passed by about 10 years ago, and on and on.

It's a combination of terrible schemes, zero playmakers, horrible O line play, an OC that has no business calling plays, head coach that the game passed by about 10 years ago, and on and on.

I'm with all of that, mostly, except you keep saying zero playmakers, I disagree. We aren't using them enough.

There's a theme we've heard repeated many times over the KFz years... "it's a difficult offense to learn"...and at the same time "Iowa is so predictable" from the opponents.

If your offense is tough to learn and master.... yet at the same time, predictable for the opponent to prepare for... IT'S a SHITTY offensive!

For all his strengths...this is one huge blindspot that KFz will never accept/understand/change. Not unlike his record against ISU...a rosy red blemish which cannot be ignored and clearly defines his shortcomings.

There's a theme we've heard repeated many times over the KFz years... "it's a difficult offense to learn"...and at the same time "Iowa is so predictable" from the opponents.

If your offense is tough to learn and master.... yet at the same time, predictable for the opponent to prepare for... IT'S a SHITTY offensive!

For all his strengths...this is one huge blindspot that KFz will never accept/understand/change. Not unlike his record against ISU...a rosy red blemish which cannot be ignored and clearly defines his shortcomings.
ISU will be the best win all year. :(

That's what you think. Try only 20 more years. 20 more years of this shitty offense.

I agree with this.

This is not OC-101. This is where you end up after working your way up through the ranks and proving you deserve a shot at coaching in big time college football. Hawkeyes fans do not deserve this. It is difficult enough for Iowa to hold its own in this conference. We should not have to sit through this on the job training BS

I have no idea what BF's coaching potential is but he needs to do himself a huge favor. Get away from his pop's influences, go find a good HS coaching job a long way from Iowa and work his way up through the coaching ranks like most good OCs and HCs did.

That's the way you actually prove you belong there. KF should have known that doing it this way would open the door wide open for people to cast doubt on his abilities. He should have said, son go blaze your own trail.

Last edited:

I agree that our problem is the O line. Since we are running the same plays we have run for about 20 years, the success of that scheme is determined by the quality of the O line and the running backs. Halfway through the season, I think we all would agree this years O line is one of the worst. Since this type of decline is years in the making, it is unfair to blame the first year OL coach for this dumpster fire.

The current O line issues fall at the feet of the OL coach of the last 4 years - Brian Ferentz.
After all, he recruited this group. He "coached them up" to where they are today.

Perhaps KF knew BF had failed miserably as OL coach. He may have accelerated his promotion to OC before fans would be calling for his firing as OL coach and derail his career path.

He might be a good OC one day, but I'm not sure the Big 10 is the right place for on-the-job training.
Was he good as o/c coach ? And recruiting?Again o/line waay tough.Very hard workers.Walkon tackles ect.Many will be in Nfl like Cole Croston.But 1 more James D. World of difference.Like cold beer and warm 3 hour brew.GOSH.Must drink it. I know from practice.Go hawks and us FANS too.

I'm with all of that, mostly, except you keep saying zero playmakers, I disagree. We aren't using them enough.

I will say Wadley is a playmaker, but he's totally wasted by this staff. Until we recruit someone at receiver that can make a difference, then we will continue to have the same boring, predictable, crappy offense we've always had. Teams will just shut down the run, game over.

Latest posts