It's official - Dace breaks left ankle! :-(

Geez, what a bad break (no pun intended). I hope Deace can get healthy for a bowl game, he deserves it.

Some people have recovered from broken ankles in 4 weeks... so given that he is a large man and an athlete I would think that 6-8 would be a fair guess.

Don't rule him out for the bowl game.

Neither of those bones are in the ankle.

Until it's confirmed by Kirk, I'll hold out hope that it's not that serious and can be back soon.

Actually, the Tibia, and Fibula make up what most people think of as your "ankle" There is no such thing as a broken "ankle". Your ankle is a joint. But you can break the bones that make up your joint.

I had read in the Gazette that it could be as little as 2 weeks..said it was a bone in the ankle(not sure if that's different than ankle period)

I broke my ankle is basketball and was back in form within 4 weeks. Depending on how severe it is, Dace could play agaisnt Minny and maybe even tOSU, but he'll almost definitely be back for the bowl game.

I too, have broken my ankle in basketball. Doc's all told me that It would be very difficult to harm it any further after about two weeks. So as soon as I could handle the pain and trust it to cut I was good to go. I actually played two weeks to the day later. However, I understand that there could be varying degrees of the break and where it is exactly has something to do with it. Also, I only weighed about 185 at the time, not a 300 pound man!

I have heard people say that a break is sometimes better than a sprain. Of course I'm not a big humanbeing like Dace so who knows how much weight the guy can put on the ankle in a few weeks, let alone be ready to run or pass block.

Latest posts