It's nice to see someone can identify a fake punt coming.

I like how offended some people get over a simple compliment paid to Stoops. It was a great split second decision. Spin it however you want, if our coaching staff was in that EXACT situation (not comparing it to the wisky game), we would've just let the play happen.

I like how offended some people get over a simple compliment paid to Stoops. It was a great split second decision. Spin it however you want, if our coaching staff was in that EXACT situation (not comparing it to the wisky game), we would've just let the play happen.

This was NOT a simple compliment paid to Stoops. If we stop the Wisky fake, this thread wouldn't exist, certainly not with this kind of slant. It's another jab at our coaches, with a compliment to Stoops sprinkled in.

If you think that was just a "simple compliment paid to Stoops" and not a shot at Ferentz, you're worse at diagnosing an obvious play than the Iowa coaching staff...

baaaaziiing! geesh, i put my foot in the water but it is WAAAAAYYYY to hot for me in here..... i be the guy self-creating bubbles in a still hot tub, peter griffin style.

fGuyPeterLoisTub_v2f_72.jpg

And if Stoops is somehow a great coach for that timeout, was he a complete dumbf*ck when he went for it on 4th down twice and failed miserably?

How about the ones he made including the game winner. Stoops is a stud and yes him noticing the fake punt was a great call. Stoops is a better coach than Kirk, but not because of the timeout. Lame thread start. Lame to even think of knocking Stoops unless I misread the 7-1 in Big 12 championship games.

How about the ones he made including the game winner. Stoops is a stud and yes him noticing the fake punt was a great call. Stoops is a better coach than Kirk, but not because of the timeout. Lame thread start. Lame to even think of knocking Stoops unless I misread the 7-1 in Big 12 championship games.

Shane wasn't knocking Stoops, he was just trying to follow the logic. Stoops=great for recognizing the fake an calling timeout. Ferentz=stupid for not doing so. That's pathetic logic, but it's what the OP offered. So Shane posed his question.

What hasn't been discussed about Wisky's fake punt, is how badly coached the the Iowa punt return team was. The center of the line just took off down field with their back to the punter. They didn't wait to make sure the punter kicked the ball. I think that is pretty basic fundamental that should never happen at this level.

Agreed. In that thread a week or two ago that asked what the turning point in the season was, I felt like the fake punt was so obvious that it was almost cliche.

So the game against EIU was the downfall of the season.......thats where BB got the idea.:D

What hasn't been discussed about Wisky's fake punt, is how badly coached the the Iowa punt return team was. The center of the line just took off down field with their back to the punter. They didn't wait to make sure the punter kicked the ball. I think that is pretty basic fundamental that should never happen at this level.

When the punter came to the sidelines after the fake punt he had a big grin on his face explaining to a teammate how wide open it was to run.

This was NOT a simple compliment paid to Stoops. If we stop the Wisky fake, this thread wouldn't exist, certainly not with this kind of slant. It's another jab at our coaches, with a compliment to Stoops sprinkled in.

Notice how I referenced the wisky game? I'm aware of the correlation. Please deny the part I said about our coaching staff not calling a timeout if they were in that exact situation.

If you think that was just a "simple compliment paid to Stoops" and not a shot at Ferentz, you're worse at diagnosing an obvious play than the Iowa coaching staff...

PLEASE DONT INSULT THE IOWA COACHING STAFF LIKE THAT BRO!!! I was aware of the intent of this thread, and the amount of people that it p***** off is a little ridiculous.

PLEASE DONT INSULT THE IOWA COACHING STAFF LIKE THAT BRO!!! I was aware of the intent of this thread, and the amount of people that it p***** off is a little ridiculous.

It p*ssed us off because it was stupid from the word "go". The two plays aren't comparable, because Nebraska's fake was EASY to spot, and OU had time to call timeout. Wisky ran theirs out of their basic formation, and it didn't look unlike a regular punt until the punter took off.

And there's no way to prove that our coaches wouldn't call timeout when the guy goes in motion like that. There's no way to prove they would, either.

Last edited:

Latest posts