Its been tough to be a Hawkeye

OUTofTOWNHAWK

Last few years has been rough. Thank you Aaron White and the rest of the Iowa basketball team for changing that. This team has been one of my favorites.

Amazing how much this team stepped up after starting 15-10 and 6-6. Did anybody seriously see this coming? What a great finish!

Amazing how much this team stepped up after starting 15-10 and 6-6. Did anybody seriously see this coming? What a great finish!

I did not. I had them wrote off the Dance. They proved me wrong. Shame on me. Hats off to them.

It's fun to see an Iowa team improve as the season goes on. This team kind of feels like on of those under the radar football teams from back when we liked Ferentz.

The players bought into individually doing what they do best and setting up and helping their teammates.

Great team chemistry or synergy

This team has lacked leadership the last two years. Aaron White has decided that he is going to be that guy. That's why this team has exploded the last 6 games. I expect them to have a great BTT and win a game maybe 2 in the NCAA's. Go Hawks!

Hawknick, the one everyone calls a troll nailed it.....maybe he is right about the football team as well.

This team has lacked leadership the last two years. Aaron White has decided that he is going to be that guy. That's why this team has exploded the last 6 games. I expect them to have a great BTT and win a game maybe 2 in the NCAA's. Go Hawks!
This is exactly right. I also think we are getting some court leadership from Gesell/Clemmons. Uthoff has been clutch as well. I fully expect to see it carry over into next season. I'm not sure what kind of team we'll have but there will be plenty of SRs on the floor. I'm looking forward to the future of Iowa basketball.

It's all about that defense, that defense, that defense. Honestly, I think the season turned on the Wisconsin blow out. Since that game, other than maybe the Penn State game, they have been really good on defense and defending the 3pt line much much better.

WinOneThisCentury;1409979[B said:
]It's all about that defense, that defense, that defense.[/B] Honestly, I think the season turned on the Wisconsin blow out. Since that game, other than maybe the Penn State game, they have been really good on defense and defending the 3pt line much much better.

This is a biggie it is like the light bulb came on with FM. What Iowa lacks in atleticism and quickness they make up with in length. Woodbury, White, Olesani, Uthoff and even Jok all have a pretty good size wingspan. FM has used that length as an advantage in the 3-2/2-3 zones he employs. Lately, the timing of when he goes to zone has been d*mn near perfect.

Yep. And part of taking on that leadership role is that he is aggressively looking for his shot.

Latest posts