It's ALL about the money now... and it disgusts me...

It's now all about the money... every last single thing about college football, including Iowa football. It just angers me to no end when I start thinking about it. People are so upset anymore as if the Iowa football program owes us Big Ten Championships, Rose Bowls, Nat championships, etc, etc. Expecting a large return on investment in a football team (depending on your definition of large) is insanely irrational. If you go to Hawk games for the sole purpose of seeing them win, then I suggest going and supporting Ohio State or Alabama. You would be much happier and it would be a much "investment." But I should caution you, if you do that, and you get to expecting national championships year after year, then 1 loss will probably ruin you and you will wish to fire the coach. And, if you do go to support those teams, DONT COME BACK WHEN THE HAWKS ARE BACK!!!! It's football for crying out loud! What ever happened to the days when it was just about taking your family to Kinnick to cheer on the Hawks win or lose? I, for one, will cheer on the Hawks no matter what. Just because our coach makes a lot of money gives everyone the right to bash him, call him names, and spit in his face. HOW RUDE! I believe that Kirk has done everything the right way while at Iowa and to me that's worth so much. I guess I'm not in the "win at any cost" majority.

I think it's time for everyone to stop seeing football games as an "investment," and more of a day to spend with your fellow Hawkeye family.

On Iowa and go Hawks!

P.S. I'm sure I will get called names now too, but I guess social media gives everyone the right to do that now too.:mad:

Regards,

Gary

Please don't misunderstand me. I am as disappointed and tired of the results as anybody is. But, if this whole thing is ONLY about the winning and losing though, history would tell you that cheering for the Hawkeyes is only going to frustrate. Do I think we can have better? Sure! Do I think it's owed to us as fans? NO! When you "invest" in a football program, no matter which one it is, you have to go into it knowing that you may not always win. It's just like gambling. It's a game. It's a football GAME. It should be about the sport, not about someone owing us as fans because we pay good money to see them play.

Again, I encourage all who are embarrassed to be a Hawkeye to transfer over to Ohio State. I'm pretty sure you will find you can wear your colors with a lot more pride.

Won't ever change colors. Whether bit ching or dancing. Hawk till death.

Question for you... Are you in the group that thinks everyone deserves a participation medal?

I think kids do. Helps instill in them that it's important to persevere and commit, even if your team doesn't win. Contrary to moron belief, it does not instill weakness. Kids know the score.

Once in adult life, where people like me lord it over people like you, well, what's the point really. You know you're inferior, and no medal is gonna fix that.

I think kids do. Helps instill in them that it's important to persevere and commit, even if your team doesn't win. Contrary to moron belief, it does not instill weakness. Kids know the score.

Once in adult life, where people like me lord it over people like you, well, what's the point really. You know you're inferior, and no medal is gonna fix that.

Thank you you for confirming to all of us that you're weak.

Last edited:
It's now all about the money... every last single thing about college football, including Iowa football. It just angers me to no end when I start thinking about it. People are so upset anymore as if the Iowa football program owes us Big Ten Championships, Rose Bowls, Nat championships, etc, etc. Expecting a large return on investment in a football team (depending on your definition of large) is insanely irrational. If you go to Hawk games for the sole purpose of seeing them win, then I suggest going and supporting Ohio State or Alabama. You would be much happier and it would be a much "investment." But I should caution you, if you do that, and you get to expecting national championships year after year, then 1 loss will probably ruin you and you will wish to fire the coach. And, if you do go to support those teams, DONT COME BACK WHEN THE HAWKS ARE BACK!!!! It's football for crying out loud! What ever happened to the days when it was just about taking your family to Kinnick to cheer on the Hawks win or lose? I, for one, will cheer on the Hawks no matter what. Just because our coach makes a lot of money gives everyone the right to bash him, call him names, and spit in his face. HOW RUDE! I believe that Kirk has done everything the right way while at Iowa and to me that's worth so much. I guess I'm not in the "win at any cost" majority.

I think it's time for everyone to stop seeing football games as an "investment," and more of a day to spend with your fellow Hawkeye family.
I would gladly let people spit in my face for one million a year let alone 4 mill.
On Iowa and go Hawks!

P.S. I'm sure I will get called names now too, but I guess social media gives everyone the right to do that now too.:mad:

Your first paragraph is accurate, but your second shows what a total scum you are!

LOL having a good time watching football with the family is what Jack Trice stadium is for.

Yes, I had to wear Cyclone Garb to pay off a bet after our loss this year. My Cyclone friends enjoyed watching me be humiliated.

Latest posts