It's a Long Season

Cover3

Tonight was pretty disappointing, but let's take it easy here. Wichita State is decent (ranked higher than the Hawks in KenPom). I'm not going to say what we said about Northern Illinois' defense in football and say this was one of the best teams we'll face. They're not, but they're decent. Like the Hawks.

We had people on here talking 0-18 in the Big Ten last year after the Campbell game. Give the guys some time to put it together. The team will improve.

My main thought after tonight is that I may have underestimated just how quick Cartwright was. Gesell has more polished all-around skills, but Bryce could get into the lane and open things up. Tonight, our bigs all had to play a back-to-the-basket game. Not our forte.

Plenty to learn from this game. Disappointed with the effort overall but thats basketball ;)

Oglesby took over in the first half but everyone knew that was done at halftime... nobody else stepped up in the 2nd half. Somebody has to take over in those dry stretches. White, Basabe.... someone has to carry the team. I think Fran should have left Gesell in with the fouls. I think the team was sort of waiting for MG to light the offense. You aren't going to win - waiting for someone else to catch fire, each guy has to be the guy to carry the team

Tonight was pretty disappointing, but let's take it easy here. Wichita State is decent (ranked higher than the Hawks in KenPom). I'm not going to say what we said about Northern Illinois' defense in football and say this was one of the best teams we'll face. They're not, but they're decent. Like the Hawks.

We had people on here talking 0-18 in the Big Ten last year after the Campbell game. Give the guys some time to put it together. The team will improve.

My main thought after tonight is that I may have underestimated just how quick Cartwright was. Gesell has more polished all-around skills, but Bryce could get into the lane and open things up. Tonight, our bigs all had to play a back-to-the-basket game. Not our forte.

I miss Cartwright's offense. Really exciting and his athleticism let us push the tempo and like you said he was terrific at probing the lane and breaking down the defense. That's why they need to put that aggressive nature in Clemmons. He's the point guard who resembles Cartwrights quicks but he's a better shooter and defender. I wouldn't be suprised if someday, maybe not this season, Clemmons is our starting PG and Gesell comes off the bench and plays a lot of 2 guard.

Latest posts