IT TOOK TWO MONTHS?

HawkForce

Really? I am not totally against Parker, very disappointed but whatever it's Kirks head that people will be calling for now. And rightly so if the poop hits the fan.

But it took two months to announce an internal promotion?? REALLY KIRK?

I am one of your biggest supporters here, but yikes...this is bad.

Really? I am not totally against Parker, very disappointed but whatever it's Kirks head that people will be calling for now. And rightly so if the poop hits the fan.

But it took two months to announce an internal promotion?? REALLY KIRK?

I am one of your biggest supporters here, but yikes...this is bad.

Yes, not following your timeline surely must be .....bad. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. Congrats on being the first to fling poo!

Parker is a good hire. Why the wait? Possibly because the other candidate was busy until last Sunday, and when he had time to make a decision, he turned it down. Possiby.

The OC will be an outside hire, with experience. It had better be an outside hire.

Parker is a good hire. Why the wait? Possibly because the other candidate was busy until last Sunday, and when he had time to make a decision, he turned it down. Possiby.

The OC will be an outside hire, with experience. It had better be an outside hire.

You best brace for disappointment.

I think it will be an outside hire. If it's not, I'll pee myself, much like l did late last week, for different reasons.

You best brace for disappointment.

Kirk needs to hire someone who is going to be a head coach within 5-8 years. We need someone who is one of the best in the field. Then hire BF as an understudy, to eventually have the OC position. Shortly after, the HC position... I can dream can't I? ;)

Is that a threat?

Two months to name Parker...ridiculous. If you're going with Parker, name him. Make the stability statement and secure recruiting. If you're going for someone "bigger", fine THEN it's worth the delay. Like everything else Ferentz does...too damn slow, too indecisive, and no understanding of the bigger picture.

Don't misinterpret my complaint, Parker is a good coach and he may do a great job as DC.

It's Ferentz's pathetic managerial skills that drive me (and a lot of other people) nuts.

I think he waited 2 months so the recruits would sign and so no1 would get scared by a no name coach but if he proves himself this year it will be good

You say "secure recruiting" -- this didn't hurt recruiting. Missed out on Lambert at LB is the biggest loss. That was because of a DC not being named, he wanted to play near home. I know we missed out on a couple more DL but we have a solid class coming in on D and DL so the naming of DC didn't hurt recruiting one bit.

You say "secure recruiting" -- this didn't hurt recruiting. Missed out on Lambert at LB is the biggest loss. That was because of a DC not being named, he wanted to play near home. I know we missed out on a couple more DL but we have a solid class coming in on D and DL so the naming of DC didn't hurt recruiting one bit.

Agreed. All it seemed to do was stir the msg board pot for a couple months. Had little negative impact on the program.

You get the feeling this is like the last drive of the first half where you got time to score but they take a knee.

Everything clearly hinged on Brian Ferentz accepting the OLine position and out of respect he waited until after the Super Bowl to contact him. Everything is falling into place. :rolleyes:

When Soup was hired Kirk made some interesting, subltle and ultimately positive adjustments to the personnel & responsibilities. He has always gone slowly on hires. I don't know why has taken so long, but it can't be a surprise given who did the hiring.

I don't think that translates to poor management. Both initial hires and the moves when Jackson retired and Soup came in were on balance, pretty good and well pretty well thought out. That isn't to say this is all going to be great, but if you think about it, old hands get new jobs. He put people he trusts into some refreshing challenges. Most coaches tend to fire assistants when things get stale, and lose stability. This seems an attempt to bring change and stay grounded.

It's crazy, so crazy it just might work.

When Soup was hired Kirk made some interesting, subltle and ultimately positive adjustments to the personnel & responsibilities. He has always gone slowly on hires. I don't know why has taken so long, but it can't be a surprise given who did the hiring.

I don't think that translates to poor management. Both initial hires and the moves when Jackson retired and Soup came in were on balance, pretty good and well pretty well thought out. That isn't to say this is all going to be great, but if you think about it, old hands get new jobs. He put people he trusts into some refreshing challenges. Most coaches tend to fire assistants when things get stale, and lose stability. This seems an attempt to bring change and stay grounded.

It's crazy, so crazy it just might work.

This is a good point. But will KF brainstorm with the new coordinators and encourage them to bounce around some new creative ideas?

Or will he direct them to fall in line with status quo football theory according to KF?

Maybe fans who are disappointed are concerned it will be the latter, when one could argue this is the perfect time to possibly change the way we approach things on the football field. Doesn't have to be drastic changes. When has KF exhibited that tendency?

Remember a few years back when KF announced they were going to examine how they were doing things and later announced the findings. Nothing needs to change.

KF is not a risk taker and never will be.

Latest posts