It sounds Tim Lester is the guy.

But Phil has to be absolutely perfect and in every game. He can't have any issues with attrition in any part of his unit he coaches, which is bound to happen on occasion in college football. This is too much pressure he doesn't deserve. Iowa needs to better an offense that has been horrifically bad the past 3 years.
I'm just trying to give some rational thoughts to this conversation. You could have stuck a parrot in that spot and this would have been the case. Point being, it's not nearly as bad as we all want to sell it.

Wow Kirk is one stubborn mule. As an OC under Kirk you have to work under conditions that really keep you pinned between a rock and a hard place. Good luck Tim, if you have extended success, you will be the first in many many years. Not many successful OC's would have taken this job me thinks. Our pool was narrow, somewhere between the unproven and the not so successful in their craft. Yikes.

I listened to the interview. I give Dolph credit for asking it. It was not uplifting to hear. But, again, I'm taking the wait-and-see approach.

I know it doesn’t sound like Kirk is willing to change his extremely conservative approach to the offense. Like you I am going to wait and see how this works out. Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised.

I am trying to be as positive as possible and not rush to judgment.

Yeah, and after we hired the OC I'm not seeing 7 wins on the schedule. Hoping for 6 and a Meineke Car Bowl invitation.
Wow Kirk is one stubborn mule. As an OC under Kirk you have to work under conditions that really keep you pinned between a rock and a hard place. Good luck Tim, if you have extended success, you will be the first in many many years. Not many successful OC's would have taken this job me thinks. Our pool was narrow, somewhere between the unproven and the not so successful in their craft. Yikes.

I heard a millionaire tell me that a truly wise person who is in charge of any organization, or business will go out of their way to try to hire people who are smarter than themselves.

I think that is why Hayden was so successful and why many of his assistants went on to be successful head coaches themselves.

Just winning over weaker football programs doesn’t mean you’re successful especially if you get your ass handed to you when you play quality teams. O-3 this past season.

I heard a millionaire tell me that a truly wise person who is in charge of any organization, or business will go out of their way to try to hire people who are smarter than themselves.

I think that is why Hayden was so successful and why many of his assistants went on to be successful head coaches themselves.

Just winning over weaker football programs doesn’t mean you’re successful especially if you get your ass handed to you when you play quality teams. O-3 this past season.

Not just 0-3, but the gulf seems immense. We didn't score at all in three games against decent teams. 0 points in three games. It wasn't that long ago and we would be a dog in a game against a good team, but we could more often than not at least look like we belonged on the same field. Ever bince that damned portal opened up and NIL became a thing we have really fallen relative to the big dogs. I am not a fan.

Latest posts