It really comes down to 2 things, go by the computer/SOS, or go by the eyeball

HaydenHawk56

Hopefully, the committee sits a precedent this year and ignores the RPI number and chooses to see how Iowa performed in the Bigten and how they likely should have won against MSU in their last game.

Put Iowa in the tournament with a potential match-up against New Mexico and it will all be good. :cool:

Hopefully, the committee sits a precedent this year and ignores the RPI number and chooses to see how Iowa performed in the Bigten and how they likely should have won against MSU in their last game.

Put Iowa in the tournament with a potential match-up against New Mexico and it will all be good. :cool:

3 of the 4 computers are our strongest arguing point.

Wow.. Earth shattering news. jk :) Sorry Hayden had to it. Getting strange to see a post like this every 2 or 3 hours..

RPI/SOS will not be ignored. Iowa is NIT Bound..

From Jon Miller's twitter:

Keep in consideration Standford was a 96 RPI and a 32 Pomeroy and did not make it last year. However, Iowa is currently a 79 RPI and a 29 Pomeroy. That certainly looks better.

If Wisconsin wins today, i think we go up to 74ish. I think that game is HUGE. Remember when they beat Michigan(RPI 20) our RPI increased .0028. Beating RPI 11 OSU should give us at least a 0.0030 - 0.0035 bump which would put us at 74. A bump of .0040 would get us up to 68.

EDIT: Maryland (RPI 71) played UNC 3 times and Miami only once. We need Miami to take care of business first.
Virginia (RPI 76) played UNC twice, and Miami only once as well.

If Wisconsin wins today, i think we go up to 74ish. I think that game is HUGE. Remember when they beat Michigan(RPI 20) our RPI increased .0028. Beating RPI 11 OSU should give us at least a 0.0030 - 0.0035 bump which would put us at 74. A bump of .0040 would get us up to 68.

EDIT: Maryland (RPI 71) played UNC 3 times and Miami only once. We need Miami to take care of business first.
Virginia (RPI 76) played UNC twice, and Miami only once as well.

As much as I like the effort, I don't think any games matter anymore for Iowa. The committee has likely already got the 68 done. Today's work is seeding them. I think the RPI updates for the committee are done.

Not saying Iowa isn't in, I think they have a small chance, just saying their fate is probably sealed at this point one way or another.

As much as I like the effort, I don't think any games matter anymore for Iowa. The committee has likely already got the 68 done. Today's work is seeding them. I think the RPI updates for the committee are done.

This. The field is set. Now it is just a matter of seeding them.

Not saying Iowa isn't in, I think they have a small chance, just saying their fate is probably sealed at this point one way or another.
I agree, i just like to think that Maryland or Iowa are vying for the last spot, and the one with the lower RPI gets in...

This could be a detriment to the Big Ten playing the last game

SOS is going to be the straw that broke the camel's back along with the blown lead losses. You can point to any one of them and say that did it. Iowa has just one of those 5 losses back and they are in.

SOS is another factor. Why Gary Barta decided to put together such a terrible non-conference schedule baffles me and I said it when it was released. Even a Drake type team instead of one of those 300 RPI school would have helped a great deal.

SOS is going to be the straw that broke the camel's back along with the blown lead losses. You can point to any one of them and say that did it. Iowa has just one of those 5 losses back and they are in.

SOS is another factor. Why Gary Barta decided to put together such a terrible non-conference schedule baffles me and I said it when it was released. Even a Drake type team instead of one of those 300 RPI school would have helped a great deal.

Or just 150-200 RPI schools instead of what we chose. I get Fran wanted an easy schedule...but you don't have to scrape the absolute bottom of the barrel to get that.

Or just 150-200 RPI schools instead of what we chose. I get Fran wanted an easy schedule...but you don't have to scrape the absolute bottom of the barrel to get that.

Exactly and I just made that point in another thread. I understand playing some cupcakes but Iowa really loaded up the non-conference with some bad basketball teams. I can only hope things get a little tougher next season.

Remember not all that long ago when Purdue got in with a 19-12 record? They "beat" the RPI by scheduling decent teams and winning games at home. The losses were there but they lost to teams they were supposed to.

The Computers (Ken Pom, Sagarin) really hate Miami, but love Florida. Maybe they will sneak into the #1 seed.

The BPI has Minnesota's conference rank ahead of ours at 6. UI at 7 & Ill at 8. Not sure if that matters in their rank system?? But Minne is ahead of us in their overall rankings!

Latest posts