it makes me sad

woodster

To know unless something changes soon, that my kids will never get to enjoy iowa basketball the way I got to growing up. My eldest boy is 9, how am i suppose to get him interested in the game and this team? No Kingsbury, Marble, Settles, Murray:(

Hey, at least you're spending some quality time with your kids. My dad never watched games with me when I was a kid. Come to think of it, it kinda makes me sad that he didn't.

Do what my dad did...since we didn't have the cash for basketball games he took me to wrestling meets. I learned to love the sport, and the Hawks, really quickly because I was watching the best athletes in the nation coached by one of the greatest coaches in recorded history.

We took in some women's games as well, during the C. Vivian Stringer era. Lots of fond memories of Hawkeye sports for me.

And just because we couldn't go to a lot of games, doesn't mean I don't have memories of Kenny Arnold, Bobby Hansen, Steve Carfino, Greg Stokes, Roy Marble, Ronnie Lester and BJ Armstrong. Somewhere I have some autographs from 1986 team - saw them at McD's.

If those just don't fly, I don't have a really strong answer for you.

Latest posts