It just gets worse for ISU

WhitUp

Chip Brown's orangebloods newest article from yesterday
Orangebloods.com - Pac-10 ready to make moves; Nebraska's decision is key

The whole articles a good read, but his crystal ball section at the end really got me thinking

Crystal Ball
"If four superconferences emerge, you could be looking at the playoff everyone has been waiting for with the conference championship games serving as the quarterfinals.

Everything about college football's postseason as we know it would likely be revamped and revised.

The non-super conference schools would sue to get into these playoffs, but by then the NCAA might have nothing to do with supervising college football.

At that point, the four superconferences could be appointing their own governing body, creating their own rules and breaking away from the NCAA and the rest of college football."

Ok that last line there is a scary one, if they break away from the NCAA and form their own four super Conference governing body(let's call 4SC) and play by their own rules. This essentially would make ISU and all other schools not in the 4 power conferences a non D1 team. Or at least not recognized by the 4SC. And if these 4 super conference schools are playing by there own rules and not in the NCAA, then they can't compete in the NCAA TOURNAMENT. They have their own 4SC bball tournament excluding non super conference teams and KEEP ALL THE MONEY, instead of dividing up among all those little schools that just make the tourny because of automatic conference bids. And since your playing for "4SC championship" it'll be considered the national championship. And these schools basketball recruiting will sky rocket, cause why go to one of the non 4SC teams and compete for the NCAA Championship??? If the 4SC were to leave the NCAA this could essentially make ISU and every non-bcs school non-D1.

I can guarantee you one man who loves to see this drag on is Chip Brown. He instantly became the "go to guy" last Thursday. His viewership must be through the roof. I'm ready to get this deal done. But I keep remembering that June 30 date.

A guy from Texas talking about seccession? Really? That is shocking!

It could also go these ways.

1) Superconferences eventually go to 18 teams. That
would mean all current BCS teams and 7 more. It would also mean every team that draws 30,000 or more fans is included. All other teams really are not comparable.

2) Could go to Five 16 team Superconferences with the same subjects. Winners or five SC's plus 3 at large get into 8 team playoff. However, there must be a non-SC playoff after all FBS non-SC are grouped into four conferences. The champion would only get in the playoff if they were final eight.