It isn't Toledo

Maybe Lick will land at Siena.

(Sorry if someone else has already posted this.)

Please tell me this isn't going to be like the Steve Alford departure where fans continue to place blame on a guy years after the coach is gone...

Is it really to difficult for Iowa bball fans to simply move on and look towards the future without lamenting in the past?

Maybe it's just me, but I find it pathetic that some people would continue to follow around a coach who was fired to see where he ends up, and to ridicule him if he gets passed over for a job (which I'm not saying the OP is doing here, but it has been happenening). Sure, Lick made $6 million driving the program into the ground. In reality, although he does have that nice financial cushion, right now is not an ideal time to be unemployed. By all accounts, Lick was probably a good teacher, but simply did not have a personality that fit Iowa. I hope he lands on his feet at another school and he is successful. The guy has worked his entire life in basketball, and being deemed a failure probably doesn't sit very well with him. I know it wouldn't me.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it pathetic that some people would continue to follow around a coach who was fired to see where he ends up, and to ridicule him if he gets passed over for a job (which I'm not saying the OP is doing here, but it has been happenening). Sure, Lick made $6 million driving the program into the ground. In reality, although he does have that nice financial cushion, right now is not an ideal time to be unemployed. By all accounts, Lick was probably a good teacher, but simply did not have a personality that fit Iowa. I hope he lands on his feet at another school and he is successful. The guy has worked his entire life in basketball, and being deemed a failure probably doesn't sit very well with him. I know it wouldn't me.

Give me $6 million and I wouldn't have a problem being unemployed right now.

Please tell me this isn't going to be like the Steve Alford departure where fans continue to place blame on a guy years after the coach is gone...

Is it really to difficult for Iowa bball fans to simply move on and look towards the future without lamenting in the past?

I can only speak for myself but I am genuinely interested in where Lickliter coaches next. I hope he finds somewhere that he stays for a long time and enjoys. I also wish him a lot of success.

In my mind there is a difference between Alford and Lickliter. Alford I will continue to root against but Lickliter I will root for....

I was not trying to ridicule Lick in any way. I posted a news story. It had been posted that he was interested in the Toledo job.

Just trying to inform the readers. I did not make any derogatory comments about Lick. I posted facts. I wish him the best.

I was not trying to ridicule Lick in any way. I posted a news story. It had been posted that he was interested in the Toledo job.

Just trying to inform the readers. I did not make any derogatory comments about Lick. I posted facts. I wish him the best.

I know, and I indicated I didn't think you were doing that in my post.

I apologize, as my frustration isn't with your post in particular. It's others that do the type of stuff I'm talking about.

I hope Lick is successful at his next job. I'm of the opinion that he was in over his head coaching at a major conference, and his "old school" style is probably better suited at a lower major program. But the reality is, despite him being coach of the year 4 years ago, his reputation has taken a pretty big hit, and it may be difficult for him to obtain a HC gig to his liking.

And to those who say you could be comfortable unemployed w/ $6 million - you're missing the point. Most everyone would say that. But Lick doesn't strike me as the type of guy who will be satisfied just being unemployed. I'm betting he is eager to get another job and work to prove himself again. My point is that given his disastrous tenure at Iowa, it may be hard for him to find a job.

He was fired 3 years into a 7 year contract, why would anyone think Gary Barta would give him a great recommendation?

He's not unemployed. Technically he's still employed by Iowa for the next three seasons at $800,000 a year.

My thoughts exactly, couldn't of said it better myself, thought it was just me that felt this way. Time to let the past go folks and be happy with what you have at home. MOVE ON!!!!