It is Playcalling

Foval21

Koehn makes a huge fg but why run a stretch play at 3rd and 9 with bullock.

I am a rudock fan and don't think he should lose his job. But the way beathard has thrown the ball I don't get the play call. 52 yd fg isn't a given especially with our kicker. Beathard could have gotten more yards or if you are afraid to pass then run a zone read. But bullock shouldn't be carrying the ball.

Koehn makes a huge fg but why run a stretch play at 3rd and 9 with bullock.

I am a rudock fan and don't think he should lose his job. But the way beathard has thrown the ball I don't get the play call. 52 yd fg isn't a given especially with our kicker. Beathard could have gotten more yards or if you are afraid to pass then run a zone read. But bullock shouldn't be carrying the ball.

Everything you said after that is irrelevant.

Everything you said after that is irrelevant.

False, if beathard continues like he is right now I am ok with him becoming the starter but I don't think that rudock deserves all the crap he has gotten. I think it is more on the Playcalling. They have called a different game for beathard. I know part of that is the bigger arm but rudock made some good throws earlier today also.

False, if beathard continues like he is right now I am ok with him becoming the starter but I don't think that rudock deserves all the crap he has gotten. I think it is more on the Playcalling. They have called a different game for beathard. I know part of that is the bigger arm but rudock made some good throws earlier today also.

Agreed! However, it does appear CJ looks downfield longer than Jake. It's paid off so far. We will see if it continues.

Agreed! However, it does appear CJ looks downfield longer than Jake. It's paid off so far. We will see if it continues.

Part of that is arm strength and part is running ability. Beathard can afford to do it longer. Rudock has to make the decision quicker.

Part of that is arm strength and part is running ability. Beathard can afford to do it longer. Rudock has to make the decision quicker.

Yep. But CJ can also play with nothing to lose at this point. If he becomes the starter, we will see if that stays the same or he is 'coached' more.

Latest posts