It is about X&O's and spacing.

Craig60

The failure of not scoring a touchdown on first and goal from the three yard line has nothing do with execution. This has been an ongoing problem for many years that has cost many games. The odds of success especially against competition that is equal or better than you diminishes greatly with the formation that we continue to use. No wide outs so you have 22 players bunched up within 30 feet of each other. There is no room to run. Put 4 recievers out and then run, it reduces congestion by 36%. Put 5 out and call for the quarterback to pick a hole and run.

The failure of not scoring a touchdown on first and goal from the three yard line has nothing do with execution. This has been an ongoing problem for many years that has cost many games. The odds of success especially against competition that is equal or better than you diminishes greatly with the formation that we continue to use. No wide outs so you have 22 players bunched up within 30 feet of each other. There is no room to run. Put 4 recievers out and then run, it reduces congestion by 36%. Put 5 out and call for the quarterback to pick a hole and run.

Please. We could go four wide and the opposing defense would still stack all 11 within five feet of the tackles and we'd still try to run against it. We can't catch. We had 28 drops yesterday.

If your O-line can get a push forward, you have three downs, and you like the match-ups at TE and WR, there is nothing wrong with letting the opponent stack the box. If the defense knows you're going to run, spreading out your personnel isn't going to benefit you...

However if you can't run and the defense is expecting run... just maybe a pass/play-action would be a good option?

Small rb and young not real big ol don't help. Spreading things out and using #45 would help.

If you flank out 4 recievers they have to take 4 players out minimum for coverage and maybe the safeties have to play out a little farther from the line of scrimage as well. I saw last week Ohio State flank out 5 recievers on first and goal.

If you flank out 4 recievers they have to take 4 players out minimum for coverage and maybe the safeties have to play out a little farther from the line of scrimage as well. I saw last week Ohio State flank out 5 recievers on first and goal.

I'd take jvb on the draw over Braxton any day. Our staff is terrible.

I have an idea....We have a 6-7 TE so I think it would be a good idea to try a jump ball type of play to CJ against who ever is matched up against him when we are goal to go!...Why not try that?

I have an idea....We have a 6-7 TE so I think it would be a good idea to try a jump ball type of play to CJ against who ever is matched up against him when we are goal to go!...Why not try that?

Jump ball type passes to tall tight ends are an offensive strategy that has been developed in the past twenty years, therefore it is per se outside the scope of expertise of KF and GD.

Defenses get tougher inside the 10 yd line. It is a function of not having to defend down the field, you can play tight and not have to be worried about getting beat deep. Just ask ISU how they feel about their offense inside the 10 yard line.......they were inside the 10, 5 times and came away with 9 points. It seems like spreading out the defense doesn't make it any easier down inside the opponents 10......

Should have gone with three consecutive Wegher-bombs. That would have put 6 on the board, no doubt in my mind.

If your line is better than them, bunch them up and run 'em over. If they're better than you, spread them out and use space and/or trickeration.

Latest posts