It has to be bad karma

GoHawks24

from letting Tom Davis go, right? We got greedy and we've been stricken down for it.

The last guy to hit a winning shot for us was Cyrus Tate, right? Was it even a "big" game? I can't remember.

On the flipside, it seems like the opposition is frequently doing it. I mean ****! C'mon. It's like a sick joke.

On top of being a Hawkeye basketball fan, I'm a Cubs and Eagles fan as well. Maybe it's me? Fml...

Lol, jk. But seriously, ****!

Ok, I'm done now. Just super frustrated now and had to vent.

I wish I could see a stat on how many game winners have been hit on a team since that team's last game winner. For instance how many have been hit on us since Tate hit his. I would love to see how we compare nationally. Maybe have a "within the last 10 seconds" qualifier.

from letting Tom Davis go, right? We got greedy and we've been stricken down for it.
What you sow, you will reap. And you always reap more than what you sow.

Getting kicked in the stones has gotten old; this is the basketball version of the AIRBHG.

I wish I could see a stat on how many game winners have been hit on a team since that team's last game winner. For instance how many have been hit on us since Tate hit his. I would love to see how we compare nationally. Maybe have a "within the last 10 seconds" qualifier.
It'd have to be some ridiculous number.

It'd have to be some ridiculous number.

Oh yea. The average stat would be 1 against for every 1 made. I bet there is well over 15 since our last 1. Then if you take that stat back to the one before Tate? No idea how long that's been but holy cow we have seen a lot of end of game shots go in against us since then.

Kicks to the stones of Iowa sports fans must be a popular show somewhere in a higher realm

All Tom Davis did was bow out early in the Tourney. You actually got it totally backwards. It was BEFORE Tom that we were making our most noise in the post-season, and he carried the torch to barely even challenging the high seeds those 90's teams got an opportunity to face. Lute and George weren't bringing in one-and-dones. We decided we saw a chance to get back to that brand of basketball so we took a shot at it.

Fran McCaffery did every bit as well as Tom Davis in the 3 years prior to coming to Iowa, only he did it with LEHIGH. And if you think we're getting disappointing efforts out of this team, blowing too many big leads, etc, try this on for size: BJ Armstrong-Kevin Gamble-Ed Horton-Roy Marble-Brad Lohaus with a 15-point 2nd half lead for a trip to the Final Four. I'm honestly astonished Tom Davis is being brought up in lament given this very prevalent piece of Iowa Basketball history, combined with the ENTIRE remainder of his tenure amounting to a single Sweet Sixteen appearance.

Idk what it is but we have the werst luck and its sickening.

Hearing frans voice and seeing his act on the sidelines each game is getting sickening too.

Next year will be interesting..

All Tom Davis did was bow out early in the Tourney. You actually got it totally backwards. It was BEFORE Tom that we were making our most noise in the post-season, and he carried the torch to barely even challenging the high seeds those 90's teams got an opportunity to face. Lute and George weren't bringing in one-and-dones. We decided we saw a chance to get back to that brand of basketball so we took a shot at it.
No, you FACTUALLY got it totally backwards. You should do your homework BEFORE making noise about Iowa post-season heroics.

Lute took Iowa to 5 NCAAs in 9 years.
2 first round losses
1 second round
1 sweet 16
1 final four

Raveling 2 appearances in 3 years
2 first round losses

Davis 9 appearances in 13 years
0 first round losses
6 second rounds
2 sweet 16s
1 elite eight

In basketball terminology you just threw up an airball.

"AAAAAIIIIRBALL!!!"

Latest posts