It can be embarrassing to be an Iowa Fan

J10Hawk

Fans that talk trash on the facebook or twitter accounts of players past, future or present are absolute scum.
Remember when you were 18-23 years old and the way you thought?
Remember when you're playing internet tough guy that you're talking to college students.
Reading some of the things that our "fan base" posts about these kids really is unbelievable.
The crap people are talking and saying to Coker for leaving is ridiculous.

I know every fan base has their group that can be "Tommy Tough Nuts" behind a computer, but grow up guys. It's sickening.

Yea there is always gonna be that crap. I still believe Iowa has one of the best fan bases though. I live in Arkansas where the university is and these people down here are
CRAZY. Their boards are like supermarket tabloids.

As far as social media goes they are even worse. they are in the mix for #1 recruit dgb and are constantly on his Twitter from what I'm told. Soon as rumors started going around today that he was leaning towards mizzou, these people went into major meltdown mode. some grown man called into a radio show and was literally crying.

We have morons just like everyone else but living down here makes me thankful for the Iowa fan base overall.

I'm not going to be embarrassed because some idiot I don't know likes the same team I do.

Yea there is always gonna be that crap. I still believe Iowa has one of the best fan bases though. I live in Arkansas where the university is and these people down here are
CRAZY. Their boards are like supermarket tabloids.

As far as social media goes they are even worse. they are in the mix for #1 recruit dgb and are constantly on his Twitter from what I'm told. Soon as rumors started going around today that he was leaning towards mizzou, these people went into major meltdown mode. some grown man called into a radio show and was literally crying.

We have morons just like everyone else but living down here makes me thankful for the Iowa fan base overall.

Don't you know it buddy. The crap you here down here is unbelievable. Every state has their uneducated idiots. But everyone knows the south has the north beat in that category. However, that doesn't stop kids from going to school here. If I had a penny for every recruit who said, "The lack of a culture of higher learning below the Mason Dixon line made we realize I didn't want to go to school down there," I wouldn't have any pennies.

Go Red Wolves!

It can be embarrassing.

You feel like Ritchie Blackmore sometimes.......you know you're just inherently better than 90% of the rest but you tire of evincing it.

Surrounded by folks who "went to college in Iowa City".......lotsa guys answer the question like that...in between sparse thoughts about ballsack scratching, etc. Real earth dog types.

"I went to college in I-C"........then the critical thinker recalls that Kirkwood has an Iowa City branch.

I would venture to say that virtually every program has the same "type" of fans and those fans do the same exact thing. In fact, in some programs it is probably even worse. Iowa fans are no less or no better than other fans. Just something that goes with the communication age that we live in.

When I was 18-23, these types of electronics were hardly even a dream so fans talked among themselves. Same trash in many instances, fans during my time just weren't able to express themselves using electronics.

If players don't want to read this stuff, then they need to just get off those sites and (or) not use those electronics...it isn't going to change. In fact, many players use this stuff for their advantage...can't have it one way, just is not going to happen.

It can be embarrassing.

You feel like Ritchie Blackmore sometimes.......you know you're just inherently better than 90% of the rest but you tire of evincing it.

Surrounded by folks who "went to college in Iowa City".......lotsa guys answer the question like that...in between sparse thoughts about ballsack scratching, etc. Real earth dog types.

"I went to college in I-C"........then the critical thinker recalls that Kirkwood has an Iowa City branch.

Like when you spend a weekend in Naperville, and every other waitress you have tells you she went to Iowa.

I would venture to say that virtually every program has the same "type" of fans and those fans do the same exact thing. In fact, in some programs it is probably even worse. Iowa fans are no less or no better than other fans. Just something that goes with the communication age that we live in.

When I was 18-23, these types of electronics were hardly even a dream so fans talked among themselves. Same trash in many instances, fans during my time just weren't able to express themselves using electronics.

If players don't want to read this stuff, then they need to just get off those sites and (or) not use those electronics...it isn't going to change. In fact, many players use this stuff for their advantage...can't have it one way, just is not going to happen.
I agree 100%.
Message boards and social media provide much more negative than positive.
Human being lie and decieve all the time and its hard enough to deal with that and negoiate your way through when you deal with it face to face.
Opening up your thoughts and feelings through these sources is guaranteed to come out negative.
Simply stay away from it if you aren't prepared to be disappointed.

How did the lead guitar player for Deep Purple make it into this discussion? I could almost understand it if you'd said Tommy Bolin, at least he was a Deep Purple guitar player that was born on Iowa.

Fans that talk trash on the facebook or twitter accounts of players past, future or present are absolute scum.
Remember when you're playing internet tough guy that you're talking to college students.
Reading some of the things that our "fan base" posts about these kids really is unbelievable.

I know every fan base has their group that can be "Tommy Tough Nuts" behind a computer, but grow up guys. It's sickening.
I'm not going to be embarrassed because some child spends 10 hours a day on facebook chatting with their 376 virtual friends and contacting recruits. Anybody stupid enough to do that isn't going to listen to reason.

How did the lead guitar player for Deep Purple make it into this discussion? I could almost understand it if you'd said Tommy Bolin, at least he was a Deep Purple guitar player that was born on Iowa.

Got to see Bolin in Omaha, probably in 1975. He had just replaced Joe Walsh in The James Gang and they were opening for Alice Cooper's Welcome to My Nightmare Tour.

Hawk fans that make us all look bad are a nightmare. (I tried to tie it into the thread.)

Got to see Bolin in Omaha, probably in 1975. He had just replaced Joe Walsh in The James Gang and they were opening for Alice Cooper's Welcome to My Nightmare Tour.

Hawk fans that make us all look bad are a nightmare. (I tried to tie it into the thread.)

You did a nice job of it.

It is rather stupid and lets just hope it is teenagers. If they are acting like that with a former player, imagine what these people are like if a girlfriend or boyfriend breaks up with them. I always thought MC was a hellava kid and player and I am highly suspect of what exactly happened before he left. I wish him the best at whatever he does.

was it me?;)

Venting on a message board has typically shown to be an effective way to combat this kind of behavior.

may i politely correct your grammer,please use in instead of on because nobody was born on iowa, u know?:cool:

Latest posts