ISU’s Jackson receives extension

Absolutely ridiculous. That program has been in a downward spiral the past couple of years, all this does is completely bury them. Now if they fire him they'll owe him more money. The Big 12 is a complete joke as a wrestling conference with only having 4 teams. On a positive note, I would say this may help UNI and Schwab.

Lol, good. I hate the Cyclowns and they deserve to have this terrible excuse for a coach at their school.

On the Iowa State rivals message board, the fan base seems ok with this extension. Different programs, different standards I guess.

The Cyclone fans I know are not fans of Jackson. They feel that the ISU wrestling program won't recover until he's gone. I'm sure they aren't thrilled with this extension.

I do not hate the cyclones by any means but I think this is a bad decision. I loved the rivalry and looks like it won't be back for a long time

Look at it this way, with the wrestling program down, Pollard can spend more time and effort in trying to keep outcasts from other teams on their basketball team.:cool:

I can't believe what I am hearing out of ISU fans. They see improvement and they are happy with the extension. I'm so confused

I can't believe what I am hearing out of ISU fans. They see improvement and they are happy with the extension. I'm so confused

You can't be surprised can you? I mean, this is a fanbase that worships 6-6 football records.

But ISU has always been where they r in football. ISU used to be expected to be in top 5 top 10 worst case scenario

2yr ext, ISU can hire someone else for the jobber! whose gonna take it?
Anyways ISU looking pretty tough right now I would put them in the top 15 @ NCAA's(Kyven).
What happened to Meeks? Kid needs to come on over to the HawkSide!
Go Hawks

This could be the dumbest thing I have ever seen in any type of sport. Jackson ran the USA program in the ground. USA wrestling was not going to renew his contract. Zeke Jones brought them back this past year. Now ISU is horrible. Jackson is a good person, but not getting the job done. They are going to go two consecutive year without an AA. Coach Nichols is rolling over in his grave. Their is a reason Chris Bono left for SD State.

Latest posts