ISU vs Incarnate = College football gone crazy

longtimer

Has to be one of the most ridiculous things ever. A game with a team that has been playing football for only a few years that routinely gets beat by low level teams badly on December 1 in Iowa! First no one in their right mind will go to the game. Why would players even want to play a game in the likely cold against a team that clearly has no business playing Iowa State. All for the possible assurance of a bowl game and It only costs Iowa State $300,000 and a plane ride!

Really the NCAA Powers just need to allow Iowa State a 5 game level to get into a bowl game and forget such an stupid solution to the dilemma

Two other threads have already pointed out the foolishness of their AD Jamie Pollard. It is just another reason to make fun of ISU football.

Isn’t a bowl game for Iowa one of their bonuses?
Perhaps. I'm living in a world where no matter how bad things get Iowa will be always be bowl eligible. Unfortunately this will not be the case. Even so it would be for those nice bonuses rather then really caring about the bowl game.

Last edited:
This game also has the potential to be an embarrassment for ISU if there is nothing at stake by season end. Would be ironic if the weather gods reappeared with a December weather event to honor the occasion.

You act like Iowa wouldn’t do the same thing.

I can virtually guarantee you that Iowa would not do the same thing. Even if they wanted to I’m pretty sure Delaney would say yea, no. Iowa would find a real opponent not some school no one has ever heard of out of pure desperation.

I'm thinking Campbell will be selling this as a bowl game by mid season. Actually, for the first time in a long time, I am actually rooting for ISU in the B12. It can only make us look better if they do well.

What's interesting is that I actually went over to Cyfan after the game just to see what people were saying about the ISU/Iowa game. It's always interesting to me...just to get a perspective. I was kind of shocked that so many of their posters were saying the Iowa game was Iowa's Superbowl. That was kind of a shocker to me. It confuses the crap out of me as to how stupid that fan base is...or some of them anyway. When you look at the programs successes, that would be tantamount to saying Ohio State preps for Iowa like it's Ohio States Superbowl.

Brian Ferentz has certainly drown their ire...lots of fat ass baby Brian stuff.

I'm thinking Campbell will be selling this as a bowl game by mid season. Actually, for the first time in a long time, I am actually rooting for ISU in the B12. It can only make us look better if they do well.

What's interesting is that I actually went over to Cyfan after the game just to see what people were saying about the ISU/Iowa game. It's always interesting to me...just to get a perspective. I was kind of shocked that so many of their posters were saying the Iowa game was Iowa's Superbowl. That was kind of a shocker to me. It confuses the crap out of me as to how stupid that fan base is...or some of them anyway. When you look at the programs successes, that would be tantamount to saying Ohio State preps for Iowa like it's Ohio States Superbowl.

Brian Ferentz has certainly drown their ire...lots of fat ass baby Brian stuff.

What'd they think when Mangino was there then?

Wasn't Nebby looking to fill an opening around that same time. Could have been an early "bowl game" for two teams that may not find themselves playing in one.

my point in bringing this up is not to discredit Iowa State's decision to have the game (although it was really dumb) but to suggest maybe the NCAA should have come out and given Iowa State the ability to be eligible with 5 wins. They likely were going to win the first game and playing this game on December 1 is as I stated CRAZY

Latest posts