ISU - Tulsa Victory

WinOneThisCentury

Why was this considered so impressive by many? Tulsa got hammered in each of the four games they played last year against good competition. They were also on the road breaking in a new QB.

I'm not finding this as impressive as most I guess.

We played a team with the longest winning streak in the country, and a ton of starters back on defense. They had won 22 games the past two years...that team knows how to win games. Certainly NIU's offense was nothing to write home about, but we held them to 200 yards and 73 of that on one play.

Why was this considered so impressive by many? Tulsa got hammered in each of the four games they played last year against good competition. They were also on the road breaking in a new QB.

We played a team with the longest winning streak in the country, and a ton of starters back on defense. They had won 22 games the past two years...that team knows how to win games. Certainly NIU's offense was nothing to write home about, but we held them to 200 yards and 73 of that on one play.

Dude. Based upon recent reports, Tulsa might finish 3rd in the final polls behind Bama and ISU. Iowa will finish 97th, right behind Buffalo.

Sorry, but this post is so wrong on so many levels. We shouldn't be trying to play it off like we played the better team.

Sorry, but this post is so wrong on so many levels. We shouldn't be trying to play it off like we played the better team.

Ummm...according to most ways you measure which team is better, I think we played the better team. I think wins count right...players returning counts,...how else would you like to measure it little ricky.

So you're holding it against Tulsa that they played 4 top 10 teams? Who is to say that of they didn't have NIU schedule that they wouldn't have had the same or better record? Tulsa SOS was 13th last year while NIU had a SOS of 102

Also NIU lost all 5 lineman and a QB. That's kills a teams cohesiveness. Tulsa returned 14 starters plus a QB with d1 experience so lets not say that NIU is the only team that had a lot of guys returning. Im not saying Tulsa is a world beater but you can still give them some credit.

Last edited:
So you're holding it against Tulsa that they played 4 top 10 teams? Who is to say that of they didn't have NIU schedule that they wouldn't have had the same or better record? Tulsa SOS was 13th last year while NIU had a SOS of 102

Also NIU lost all 5 lineman and a QB. That's kills a teams cohesiveness. Tulsa returned 14 starters plus a QB with d1 experience so lets not say that NIU is the only team that had a lot of guys returning. Im not saying Tulsa is a world beater but you can still give them some credit.

Exactly my point

Don't forget how many points a game that crazy good defense of NIU game up last year...... woof. :cool:

Not to rain on any parades, but do any of you realize how stupid it sounds comparing opponents in week one. Why not just stick to trash talking back and fourth until the two relevant teams in your ******* contest battle it out on Saturday.

Ok, so you have an SOS rating of 13th in the country because you played 4 top 10 teams. Now, you got your arse completely handed to you by each of those top 4 teams and weren't remotely in any of them, but because you played them, I'm supposed to be impressed. Then you beat the other 7 cupcakes in your weak conference.

I haven't been saying NIU was a great team...I've just been confused by all the talk of what an impressive victory it was by ISU. I don't get it. NIU broke in a new QB, but it wasn't in Kinnick. I know Jack Trice isn't Kinnick either, but its a true home game.

Ok, so you have an SOS rating of 13th in the country because you played 4 top 10 teams. Now, you got your arse completely handed to you by each of those top 4 teams and weren't remotely in any of them, but because you played them, I'm supposed to be impressed. Then you beat the other 7 cupcakes in your weak conference.

I haven't been saying NIU was a great team...I've just been confused by all the talk of what an impressive victory it was by ISU. I don't get it. NIU broke in a new QB, but it wasn't in Kinnick. I know Jack Trice isn't Kinnick either, but its a true home game.

A 15 point victory sounds better than a 1 point come from behind win?

Why does this seem like an argument used by the entire chest thumping SEC?

Ohio just beat Penn State in Happy Valley. I know Penn State isn't in any kind of shape to be playing anyone, but that to me, for Ohio, was an impressive victory. It wasn't like Penn State wasn't into it.

Maybe the MAC ain't so bad.

You're a disgrace to Hawkeye fans. You're talking up the MAC for ****** sake

So maybe the MAC aint so bad is talking up the MAC...and I'm a disgrace. You are a complete idiot and one of those guys in Duffman's 98% majority.

Duff, if you are out there...you were right. I apologize.

So maybe the MAC aint so bad is talking up the MAC...and I'm a disgrace. You are a complete idiot and one of those guys in Duffman's 98% majority.

Duff, if you are out there...you were right. I apologize.

We played a bad game and you're trying to find any and all excuses besides the obvious one that maybe we're a little inexperienced and not very good this year. Just give it up.

Classic...just curious but as a Hawkeye fan, how hard is it to take that attitude after a single game? Not calling you out, but I, like many on here, are fans too and we aren't willing to throw in the towel after one game. Can't imagine what it's like to wait 9 months for the season to start simply to call it over after one game.

Latest posts