ISU Should Pray ND Joins the B10

DuffMan

If ND says no to the B10 the B12 is dead in the water and will take ISU with it...

If ND says yes I think it’s very possible that the B10 is done, it won’t go to a 14 or 16 team super league. The reason is I don’t think ND wants to be in a 16 team conference. It values tradition enough that if it IS in a conference it will want a traditional conference, and the B10+2 offers that. It offers traditional and geographic rivalries to ND.

However if ND spurns B10 overtures then it’s only a formality that the B10 will invite Nebby, Mizzou, and a minimum of one Big East school. If that happens I think it’s almost a certainty that the entire B12 south accepts an invite to join the Pac10. Obviously that leaves KSU, Kansas, ISU, and Baylor/Colorado without a major conference (the big 4 just wont cut it). They would either join the new Mountain West in a mega sub BCS conference, or perhaps be apart of a mega conference with the left over crap from the Big East, B12, and ACC.

What’s kind of ironic about all of this is ND is on the record as saying they prefer remaining independent and would only consider joining a conference if it appeared the conference landscape were changing dramatically. The reality is ND has the power to determine whether or not there will be dramatic change. If they join the B10 then dramatic change is not likely to happen, at least right away. But if they say no, things are going to get very interesting.

Who is Frank the tank?
I don't know but you post your speculations days after the rest of the world has already been talking about it. I think it is fairly well know to the rest of the world that ND could close the door to the other two schools. Its somthing that has been discussed for at least 48 hours on the electronic superhighway.