ISU Perspective Jon's Article

Perspective:
If Iowa beats Maryland, they will have 8 wins. The season could stop then and it would qualify for 2nd highest win total in ISU history. Only 8 times have they won 8 games or more in 123 years. The most ever wins is 9. And that was only done once in the last 109 years.

But I am sure in a couple weeks they will talk about how their basketball b-team could make the final four even when they lose in the first round.

Only ONE final four team this year?

If he's saying Iowa didn't play anyone he's right. We played Iowa State! That is nobody. If we win out, and that's if, we will play most likely an undefeated OSU or Mich. ST. Win or lose Iowa makes it's case on that game. I for one am enjoying the ride too much to look that far ahead. The goal is still the BIG 10 WEST title.

They will be firing their coach at the end of the year. Again. And then they start over. Their recruiting will suffer. We get them in iowa City next year. Let's shut them up, again. How about Iowa 56 Clowns 0?

Just a bad article, all around, felt like I was reading a post on cyfan. What was the point of writing that?

It criticizes Iowa for not beating North Texas by more than 46....ok. Also something about NW and Wisky not being ranked after IA beat them so those aren't good wins...

Reinforces that ISU fans have a very poor grasp of college football because they've literally never been involved in anything that resembles a national scene.

I'm sure it was extra dumb. I, for one, refuse to put myself through reading it. I suggest everyone follow suit. If we really wanted to get under their skin, not one Iowa fan would have commented/admitted to reading it. As far as I'm concerned, ISU football only exists one week per year. Ever since I've stopped paying attention to their garbage, I've been much happier as an Iowa fan and overall college football fan.

I didn't read, but drivel like that, that comes from some, makes their entire fanbase seem jelly and ignorant....the more I read and hear of such babble from any of their fans, the more I see the logic for just eliminating the series with them.

Using ClownCyPecker logic, if you beat the #1 team and they drop from #1...you didn't beat the #1 team!

Got it. Sort of. I guess.

I don't know what you expected.

Jon's article came across as a whiny piece about how Iowa does not care what the rest of the nation thinks about Iowa. Then goes on to show how much the author does care.

It was destined to be made fun of and parodied.

Clown fans don't understand that when you BEAT teams, your opponents record gets worse. Here is Iowa opponents records going into the game (not counting Ill. St.)

0-0 (Ill. St) W
1-0 (ISU) W
2-0 (Pitt) W
0-3 (N. Texas) W
3-1 (#19 Wisconsin) W
4-1 (Illinois) W
5-1 (#20 Northwestern) W

Combined record entering the game of 15-6, and combined record AFTER playing Iowa is 15-13

Here is ISU opponents record going into the game:

0-0 (UNI) W
1-0 (Iowa) L
1-0 (Toledo) L
0-3 (Kansas) W
3-2 (Texas Tech) L
6-0 (#2 TCU) L
6-0 (#3 Baylor) L

So ISU opponents combined record going into the game was 17-5. Their combined record AFTER playing ISU is 23-7

Can Clown fan follow this logic? That when you DEFEAT your opponent, that their record then becomes worse? I know it is very foreign to Clowns, but this is what happens when you win game, that if you beat a top 25 team you knock them down in the rankings.

Jon's article came across as a whiny piece about how Iowa does not care what the rest of the nation thinks about Iowa. Then goes on to show how much the author does care.

It only comes across as "whiny" to guffus clone-bags. It goes on to show how much the author cares about Hawkeye football.

What's really cyclone-dumb, is for a guy to write an article about how much he doesn't care about someone else's article. Clone logic stikes again.

Maybe all the teams who have ever received a first-place vote should show them some gratitude.

ISU padding opponent win columns since 1892.

Perhaps most amusing is how many people in the comments try to poke holes in the 'little brother" concept...not realizing, the article itself is a perfect example of just that.

But that is typical clone...constant denial of reality combined with a blissful lack of self-awareness.

Which answers the question if you can say pecker on this site.

Well, if we look at it with Cyclone logic.... (I know, I know...)

A cyclone must be some kind of red bird, and we all know that a bird's beak can be called a pecker. (After all, there is even a bird called a woodpecker) Ergo, Cy's Pecker is named after the mascot's beak. (You can all proceed with the eye rolling now...)

This is what people who didn't comprehend Jon's article always say. Jon's article was in response to the talking heads who state that Iowa's REMAINING schedule is really weak. Jon's main argument was that Iowa's opponents UP TO THAT POINT were better than most teams ranked ahead of them. Ohio State and Baylor still haven't beaten ANYONE. not a single quality opponent.

The talking heads are so focused on Iowa's remaining schedule they act like the first 7 games didn't exist.

Latest posts