ISU might be the school to no longer want Cy-Hawk game

If they stay together, you can bet a lot of money that they will be adding 2 more teams. They will not give up their conference championship game, it means too much to all of the teams in terms of $$$$'s. I could see TCU as one of the schools, maybe Houston? Who would they move to the North? Would you send Oklahoma and Oklahoma State? If that happens, you're almost guaranteed to see Texas and Oklahoma in the championship game every yr.

That second line that you wrote is one of the finest lines of prose that I have ever read! I spit up my morning coffee on that smoke machine crack. May I quote you?

That video of the clones getting lost in the smoke and running into the goal post is still a classic. It's so symbolic of their struggles...too good.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd-RvQbf220[/ame]

They don't loose money when they play at Iowa. They get a % of the game. The % of the gate they get from playing Iowa in addition to the 50,000+ tickets at $90 a pop they get playing the home games every other year far exceeds the amount of revenue they would generate selling 20k tickets to suckers watching them play a pushover at home every year.

According to the contract, the only team that sees money is the host team. Check out article 6.

Here’s the Iowa-Iowa State football contract | GazetteOnline.com

Having been to their home opener the last three years against patsies, they have done a good job of filling the place up.
Correct me if I am wrong but don't they also charge a premium price for tickets when they play Iowa at home? Seems like I recall the Iowa single game tickets being at a higher cost then teh other single game tickets? Don't think they could get away with that for the "patsy" games.

I hope they do cancel the game...Like Paula Clark said, it would set them free....

I fully expect them to. If they can draw over 50k for Army after a 2 win year than I expect they would be making more money cancelling the home and home with Iowa and adding a home game every year. Just makes economic sense.

I heard before this conference stuff even happened that both schools were considering ending the game because the hate between the two schools has grown exponentially in recent years. Despite what Iowa fans think, ISU probably would like to drop the game just as much as many Iowa fans would. There was 52k at last years game vs. 50.5k against Army two weeks later. Probably wouldn't be a big deal financially if you figure they would get a home game in that spot every year.

JT is sold out at 50K standing room so if any games go above this mark they are going well. They easily hit this with the Iowa/ISU game. I for one am a fan of state of Iowa football and love the series. Especially over the last 11 years where it's been very competative. Sure it adds to the fire but that is the fun of it! Go Hawks!

The clowns know that the pendulum has swung back in Iowa's favor and the last thing that the clowns want to do is look even more like clowns in the football world than they do now. Despite the chest pounding and rhetoric on their end, they know that after this year that Iowa will have won 6 out of the last 8 games and that the series is quickly going back to what it used to be when Hayden was coach. It is no wonder they are seriously thinking of dropping the series....

"...they know that after this year that Iowa will have won 6 out of the last 8 games and that the series is quickly going back to what it used to be when Hayden was coach."
Not even close. Rhoads has Cyclone football on the upswing...and I guarantee you there is zero intimidation when facing Iowa. That said, I'd be in favor of making this an every other year home-home series. A year off now and then would give each school some added scheduling flexibility.

"...they know that after this year that Iowa will have won 6 out of the last 8 games and that the series is quickly going back to what it used to be when Hayden was coach."
Not even close. Rhoads has Cyclone football on the upswing...and I guarantee you there is zero intimidation when facing Iowa. That said, I'd be in favor of making this an every other year home-home series. A year off now and then would give each school some added scheduling flexibility.

It's hard enough to schedule now let alone when all this re alignemnt shakes down.

ISU gives us a guaranteed opponone every year. Thats a good thing.

If we're talking intellects...the woman has twice the IQ of a Nancy Pelosi. That woman is a blithering idiot and yet is the leader of the Dems in congress...given that fact, its comical that many of you attack her regarding her intelligence. In other words, a bunch of people being led by a total moron (Pelosi), calling another woman a moron...mostly because she has an Alaskan/northern accent. Pretty darn weak.

Latest posts